Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Good to know they will take care of it if I break them. They are going strong so far and I'm not nice to them

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    Oakley Jawbone as they have replacable lenses and I don't like the look of the "non rim" glasses.

Persimmon for the woods, mirror polarized for the road, clear at night.

I'll probably grab a pair of the Scattante Matrix glasses when these finally break.

-Tom
    I have tried on the Jawbone, which I like the look of the Jawbone the most over the half rim frames,but they also fit well and felt like they would stay on without a strap, while riding. I noticed that the bottom of the frame was a little thick and seems like it could be bothersome while looking down through the glasses. Does that bother you at while riding?

mtbr member
    I have a pair of Jawbone with the vented photo chromatic lenses and use them primarily for road riding. Great for that. I also have a set of yellow vented lenses which I switch to for really cloudy dark days. The lower jaw protrusion doesn't interfere with my vision at all.
    For MTB-ing; I use either my Radar or the M Frames. I have vented black iridium for bright days and persimmon and yellow or clear for any other days.
    I have a pair of Flak jacket XLJ for driving with RX gold iridium lenses.
    Gotta love the O's!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjohn64 View Post
    I have a pair of Jawbone with the vented photo chromatic lenses and use them primarily for road riding. Great for that. I also have a set of yellow vented lenses which I switch to for really cloudy dark days. The lower jaw protrusion doesn't interfere with my vision at all.
    For MTB-ing; I use either my Radar or the M Frames. I have vented black iridium for bright days and persimmon and yellow or clear for any other days.
    I have a pair of Flak jacket XLJ for driving with RX gold iridium lenses.
    Gotta love the O's!
    Just curious as to why you don't use the Jawbone for MTB?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cr500taco View Post
    Just curious as to why you don't use the Jawbone for MTB?
    Not enough airflow and the transition lenses seem a little dark in the treed tracks I normally ride. 70% of the time is under full canopy.
    I like the openness of the M-frames for MTB-ing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2