mtbr member

Nukeproof armour...anybody have experience with yet?

Looking to replace my knee/shin pads and upper body armor this year and wondering if anybody has any experience with the nukeproof products (sold at Chainreaction).

I have tried Raceface/Roach rally FR (my favorite but looking to branch out) & 661 (not bad, did not hold up well), and and have a rockgarden Flak jacket (excellent protection but very bulky).

Wondering about sizing, quality, and actual protection. There don't seem to be many reviews out there yet.

The soft/hard combo of the critical knee/shin guards looks interesting and I really like the concept of the soft critical armor jacket and the sas-tec foam (appears to be similar to the D30 found in many other brands).

I can always order and return, but sending back from the US to UK is a PITA (done it before with CRC...)

Any comments would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    I have a pare of elbow pads. Fit is ok, feels fractionally larger (not much) that others which for me was a good thing as I find some other brands such as POC or 661 fit small. Pad seems ok, but have not tried them out in a fall.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Bumping this as I'm looking at the critical armor jacket. Anyone?
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    It's been another year... Any first-hand experience with Nukeproof armor?

The Leatt compatibility of the Critical jacket is pretty appealing, but the elbow pads look a little suspicious.