mtbr member
    May 2013

Northwave MTB Shoes

Looking for a new pair of MTB shoes. I have read that the Northwaves provide lots of space for your toes, and having wide feet this interests me. Most biking shoes I put on I feel I am cramming my feet into them. Has anyone had experience with Northwave shoes, and what do you think? Also, I am comparing them to other shoes like Shimano and Pearl Izumi for weight. Northwave does not list the weight of their shoes. If anyone has this pair could you weigh them for me?

Thanks
    Last edited by lhovden; 10-01-2013 at 11:32 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    No one has input on Northwave shoes?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Love my Spartas. Have worn shimano, mavic and sidi and I like the Northwaves the best. I too have a wide foot. Don't know about the weight.

They are great shoes.

mtbr member
    I have big banana boat feet. My NW's fit great. In fact, I prefer them to the Spesh I had been wearing for years.

Weight is comparible to other shoes but since there are so many models out there, it's sort of an exercise in futility, isn't it?

mtbr member
    I have wide feet, and generally end up with NWs if I am looking for a light race shoe.

Also, starting about this time of year is when many shoes go on sale, on average 40-50% off

Weight is comparable (don't have the scales at hand, at moment) to most others.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I've got two seasons on a pair of Northwave Striker SBS and one season on some Artic Celsius GTX. Love them. Definitely one of the larger toe boxes and they've been very reliable thus far, unlike my Shimanos which disintegrated in one season. Literally. The insole as supplied in my Striker's was garbage, but that was quickly sorted with a pair of Superfeet. Just ignore Northwave's sizing recommendations if you're converting from euro to US. Couldn't speak to weight, as I don't care.

snickers driven
    Been sporting the Dolomites since Jan 2013- have nice roomy toe box. Luv the vibram soles, ankle support.