mtbr member

No one has Race Face Ambush knee pads in stock?

Looking for a pair of med and small Race Face ambush knee pads but none of the usual online stores have them for the past few months. Is this just a case of the 2013 supply selling out and shops are waiting for the 2014?

mtbr member
    Both M and S in stock at CRC - free shipping over $100.

Race Face Ambush Knee D3O Guard 2013 | Chain Reaction Cycles

I am tempted to buy a spare pair. It seems like whenever I need to replace pads they've just come out with a "new improved" model that doesn't fit me as well.

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from CRC to Canada and shipping is usually 5 or 6 business days.

They may have some extra coupon codes going on at the moment so it's worth poking around the site and reading the banners.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    i just checked out CRC for these, and they want $97.99 for them!!!!! No wonder all the other places that carried these are "sold out!" CRC's prices seem awfully high to me, but I'm a hardcore cheapskate.

Now I'm looking at the G-Forms and the Fox Racing Launch Pro's.
    I'm liking the description and pricing of those new TLD E-Lite elbow pads, too.
    Going to call my LBS to see what they have.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PlutonicPlague View Post
    i just checked out CRC for these, and they want $97.99 for them!!!!! No wonder all the other places that carried these are "sold out!" CRC's prices seem awfully high to me, but I'm a hardcore cheapskate.

Now I'm looking at the G-Forms and the Fox Racing Launch Pro's.
    I'm liking the description and pricing of those new TLD E-Lite elbow pads, too.
    Going to call my LBS to see what they have.
    That's a pretty good price for 3DO pads. They typically command a premium cost.

G-Form will be cheaper, but there is no comparison between them and the RF pads.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    I have these and they have been worth every penny. I'd pay a hundred bucks for them again in the blink of an eye. Of course comfort is a subjective thing, but I don't think cheap plastic knee pads really fit anyone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Yeah...after getting over the first punch of that sticker shock (WHAP!!! I'll have another, thank you!), I know my knees are worth every fist full of dollars I can spend to protect them. What's a few dollars more?
    I had seen 'em (out of stock, of course) online at Universal for only $75. Reality seeps in slowly sometimes.
    I'll stay away from rooty trails or any other places where I might lose it and go down for another month or so (have to pay down the plastic anyway), and just go terrorize my local beach and maybe some groomed trails or logging roads. Three days of wind and rain and I'm going bonkers doing indoors stuff. Only been going for walks in the rain, since I don't have windshield wipers on my glasses. I missed my chance when a brief window cleared yesterday. High tide and big surf had the beach narrowed down to a steep slope just below the dune grass this afternoon after the rain let up.
    Tomorrow looks better.

I'll probably need elbow protection, too. Don't need any of this stuff on the sand, but I'm starting to imagine myself riding xc thru the woods. Dang!

Heck, I have other stuff that steals my time, anyway. Trout are biting in the year-round lakes, and paddling my hybrid canoe is great conditioning for heading out on the ocean. Ling Cod season opens on the coast here on the 15th, and I'll be looking for the right conditions to go after them on my SOT yak. The surf might even get small and clean enough for an old man, and that fence I started needs finishing....etc, etc.
    Its not easy being retired. Not exactly a living hell, mind you, but scheduling all this stuff is a real challenge in this flukey March weather.