UFO Bike Commander

NiteRider SolMate Helmet Mount problem

Last week, I bought the new helmet mount for my MiNewt X2 (its the same mount as you get in the SolMate). It was difficult to adjust the light as the O ring was so tight, and when I opted to take it off, the O ring got sliced. I returned the mount immediatly.

I wish that NR would create a MiNewt/TriNewt adapter so I could use the older Universal style mounts

NR did send me a replacement O ring.

Cya out there.
    K'Tesh
    beam(dot)to/ufobike

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by K'Tesh
    Last week, I bought the new helmet mount for my MiNewt X2 (its the same mount as you get in the SolMate). It was difficult to adjust the light as the O ring was so tight, and when I opted to take it off, the O ring got sliced. I returned the mount immediatly.

I wish that NR would create a MiNewt/TriNewt adapter so I could use the older Universal style mounts

Cya out there.
    K'Tesh
    I found it extremely hard to work with as well.

ballbuster

So...

Quote Originally Posted by K'Tesh

Cya out there.
    K'Tesh
    ... Can this cannot be mounted with the regular NR mount? At least is the base removable with a 10/32 screw like the other ones? I'm thinking maybe a base transplant to use the NR mount.