mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Niterider Minewt.X2 Dual on a Helmet

I've got a Niterider Moab for my bars and need a little for light to shoot down the trail so I can see the twisty turns. Has anyone had success in mounting the Minewt.X2 Dual to their helmet? Would the single Minewt.X2 do the job for me....or even the Minewt Mini-USB? Thanks.

At Work
    The USB works pretty well, I have not used it on a helmet but did good by itself the other night.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    How fast can you do twisty single track with the Minewt Mini USB when you use it as your only light?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JD73
    I've got a Niterider Moab for my bars and need a little for light to shoot down the trail so I can see the twisty turns. Has anyone had success in mounting the Minewt.X2 Dual to their helmet? Would the single Minewt.X2 do the job for me....or even the Minewt Mini-USB? Thanks.
    I have had success with the X2 Dual... maybe do a search for me + minewt X2 Dual. I don't have a link for you, but I've posted a photo and description of my setup in the past.

*edit: Success with the Dual on the helmet (Giro Xen).
    Last edited by Hack On Wheels; 10-03-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Goats Rule!
    Sep 2007
    Not fast at all.

It's a light meant to complement bar mounted higher output lights, or as a budget bar mounted light for tooling around or climbing slow.

At least that's my opinion of it.
    How fast can you do twisty single track with the Minewt Mini USB when you use it as your only light?

At Work
    Dont know, I did not have it on my helmet, plus I left my long cord for my regular helmet light at home, had it on the bars, could not go fast at all unless in the straights.

But, givin the light it puts out, I would not try to go too fast with just the USB

mtbr member
    I've got a minewt X2 dual that I use for my helmet. It complements the trinewt on the bars very well. I have been mounting the dual lights by following sugestions found in this forum. That is to turn the individual mounts 90 degrees and retighten them and then mount through the vents in my helmet. It works well for me and the lights are very good, they have more of a spot pattern than the trinewt I have on the bars. How well they mount up may depend on your helmet type.

Bean

SSolo
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer
    The USB works pretty well, I have not used it on a helmet but did good by itself the other night.
    Saw this in person the other night on a night ride and it is a nice helmet light, but not what I'd want to rely on as my only light. I'm seriously looking at the Mi-Newt USB for my helmet and something a little brighter and more wide angle for my bars or fork mount light.
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son...

jalopy jockey
    Jun 2007
    If you can't ghetto rig for some cash you ca get 2 niterider helmet mounts and an extension cord and I would put money on the fact that they will work.

I know my wifes X2 will mount to my mount from my old Solmate, and uses the same cord.

bc3
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

minewt USB is a great compliment

I run the trinewt on the handelbars and a single minewt on my helmet. I ride some pretty aggressive single track with this set up. I would opt for the minewt USB plus as it comes with the helmet mount and longer cord that allows you to carry the battery in your jersey pocket. I tried to helmet-mount the battery but found it much more comfortable to carry in my pocket.