Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

new TLD 'A1 all mountain' helmet

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  evasive 
#1 ·
been waiting for more info on this for a long time now...
no real info but i'm still looking forward to seeing what tld has come up with.

See less See more
#4 ·
I have a proper full face: a POC Cortex Flow. It's too hot for anything but straight up DH. Most European enduro races seem to require full-face helmets from what I've read, and there's a market for something better ventilated. I don't want to compromise on the chin bar, like an Archi-Enduro, and Parachutes look like a bad idea to me. But I would definitely take a full face with more ventilation. The reduced safety caused by more vents argument is irrelevant if you're using them on trail rides. I won't be hitting WC DH speeds on my trail rides, and neither will most other riders. And the impact protection won't be any less than what I'd have in the half shell I'd be wearing otherwise.

#5 ·
I've been waiting years for Troy Lee to bring back a modern version of their Edge TL Comp helmet.

At one point I had a stock pile of these things after they were discontinued because I loved the extra protection they offered over the standard roadie type helmets availible at the time. I rocked them for years. The only thing I would have asked for is a better retention system, something like Giro's rock lock to keep it from bouncing over really rocky sections.

Can't wait to see what this one looks like!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.