mtbr member

New Pearl Izumi X-Alp IV

New Pearl Izumi X-Alp IV-cam00225.jpgNew Pearl Izumi X-Alp IV-cam00227.jpgNew Pearl Izumi X-Alp IV-cam00226.jpg
    Here are some pics of the new X-Alps. These are a great trail shoe. The are a perfect addition to my AM45's, to use for my pedaling days and hike a bike. Straps and ratchet system function very well and seem to be true to size. Fantastic to walk in and I think they retail for around $110 usd. Not to shabby. Ill let you know how the durability is as time goes on

mtbr member
    How's the fit? My feet are like flippers, wide across the toes and narrow in the ankles.

I'm tempted by these because they look better for hike-a-bike than the project/rime models. Thanks for the feedback.
    "...DirtBaggies may also be the best baggy mountain bike shorts on the market." Velonews - Click to check out other reviews.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-ti View Post
    How's the fit? My feet are like flippers, wide across the toes and narrow in the ankles.

I'm tempted by these because they look better for hike-a-bike than the project/rime models. Thanks for the feedback.
    I would say they should work close to perfect for you. I think they are a little wide in the toe box compared to most xc/trail shoes

mtbr member
    Thanks, I'll check them out when I next hit a PI store.
    "...DirtBaggies may also be the best baggy mountain bike shorts on the market." Velonews - Click to check out other reviews.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Digging this one up.

I'm looking into getting myself a pair any update on the durability and riding impressions?

mtbr member
    I still really like them, I would say just as stiff, when putting power down, as my AM 45 Shimano's but much better for all day riding. Much better for warmer weather as well. The only downside is the upper material is a little flexible. Say when you are climbing out of the saddle, during your up stroke (being clipped in of course) there is a little stretching of the fabric causing some foot movement. You can tighten down on the two lower velcro straps but its not really that bad.