Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Flying Goat
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,330

    The New Helmet Cam. Vid inside!!!

    Go Pro Camera made the Digital Hero 3 and it's awesome... the helmet and frame mounts arent out yet so i just used the wrist strap and strapped it onto the mouth piece of my Giro Mad Max II. Only helmet so far to get a right angle... XD Though it's a little shaky though cause of the way i mounted it. Cant wait til the mounts come out and it's gonna be awesome... video quality is awesome as you can see from this video of yesterday's ride. It's a little compressed by windows movie maker but you can still see the rocks and drains and grooves and stuff... awesome camera for the price...

    www.goprocamera.com
    <embed src="http://www.vsocial.com/ups/b0e7212dca6e63564d777d9635f692ac" height="400" width="410"></embed><br/>Find this video and thousands of others at <a href="http://www.vsocial.com/">vSocial</a>!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rmbnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    340
    i fly down that trail on my hartail. sick vid
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: paranoid56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    152
    I have one of these, and i think the only thing i dont like about it is the sound qlty. if you jsut dub over with sound its fine, but on its own, its very crackly. There mounts are also kind lame, i always had to zip tie mine on to make them more stable. other then that, the vid qlty is great.
    just thought i would throw my 2c in

    Shane

  4. #4
    Flying Goat
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,330
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid56
    I have one of these, and i think the only thing i dont like about it is the sound qlty. if you jsut dub over with sound its fine, but on its own, its very crackly. There mounts are also kind lame, i always had to zip tie mine on to make them more stable. other then that, the vid qlty is great.
    just thought i would throw my 2c in

    Shane
    the velcro strap which came with the camera is meant for your wrist... according to go pro, the helmet mounts and frame mounts will be out by 1st November along with a wide angle lens to go with that too... cant wait for those to come out... It's going to be hella sick!!!

  5. #5
    Shop *****
    Reputation: drakan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    944
    Who sings the song?
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

  6. #6
    Flying Goat
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,330
    Quote Originally Posted by drakan
    Who sings the song?
    first song was Skiller - Rebirthing
    second song was Frou Frou - Let Go

  7. #7
    General Rabble-Rouser
    Reputation: Karupshun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    and frame mounts will be out by 1st November along with a wide angle lens to go with that too... cant wait for those to come out... It's going to be hella sick!!!

    That's sweet. I was looking at the viosport, but a WA lens would capture the trail and speed so much better than the narrow fields of most cams

  8. #8
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726
    How did you hit that rock!? ahahahahah I havnt laughed harder in along time
    That rut at the bottom that you ate it in is getting HUGE.
    The only thing I dont like about the camera is the fact that it doesnt change fast enough in different light situations
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

  9. #9
    DenverDH'er
    Reputation: rep_1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,156
    Looked really good when you got on the pavement with proper lighting, not so great on the trail, probably due to it's mount location as you stated. When are they coming out with a proper helmet mount? Is it in the works?

  10. #10
    Flying Goat
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,330
    karupshun - Definitely check these out... I think these will give viosport a run for their money in terms of value...

    grant - my chain dropped and i pedalled to get the chain back on at the wrong place i guess... hahaha. And yea, first time i've seen that end covered in leaves... what happened to the nice hardpack?? I was expecting tacky traction after the rain... but dirt was tacky, leaves slippery... lol. As for the light changing thing, i think it does pretty fast... only thing is cinderella is always wierd with the lighting... some parts you're being blinded and some it's soooo dark... or have you forgotten those evening shuttled runs where the sun is in your eyes in some spots? XD

    rep _1969 - The helmet, frame mounts and wide angle lens will be available on 1st November... i'm waiting eagerly... XD

  11. #11
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,880
    looks like fun
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: THE DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    101
    Lol, that's Oakland.
    Last edited by THE DESIGNER; 10-20-2007 at 01:43 AM.

  13. #13
    Broken and dizzy
    Reputation: Surfinguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    695
    Holy crap. How can you guys say that thing rocks? That looks way less than the minimum 30fps needed for smooth playback. On top of that, it doesn't do low lighting very well at all. Sorry man, the trail looks super fun, but the footage is so choppy it gave me a headache. (maybe that's just the compression software, but either way, it's really hard t watch.)

    The blingy bling bling is the new Vio Sport P.O.V. Now that thing kicks A*S!!!



  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: creyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    701
    yea I'm thinking about a vio P.O.V., but 20-twenty has the new VholdR
    http://www.vholdr.com/shoot.php

    Heard anything about it?

  15. #15
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfinguru
    Holy crap. How can you guys say that thing rocks? That looks way less than the minimum 30fps needed for smooth playback. On top of that, it doesn't do low lighting very well at all. Sorry man, the trail looks super fun, but the footage is so choppy it gave me a headache. (maybe that's just the compression software, but either way, it's really hard t watch.)

    The blingy bling bling is the new Vio Sport P.O.V. Now that thing kicks A*S!!!
    +1

    The VIO is off the chain.

  16. #16
    Flying Goat
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,330
    i just watched the original vid from the camera and it's soooooo much better... will upload later when i get home... You'll see the real quality instead of my windows movie maker bs... XD

  17. #17
    DenverDH'er
    Reputation: rep_1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfinguru
    Holy crap. How can you guys say that thing rocks? That looks way less than the minimum 30fps needed for smooth playback. On top of that, it doesn't do low lighting very well at all. Sorry man, the trail looks super fun, but the footage is so choppy it gave me a headache. (maybe that's just the compression software, but either way, it's really hard t watch.)

    The blingy bling bling is the new Vio Sport P.O.V. Now that thing kicks A*S!!!

    Yeah, that's why I said it looked good when he got out on the pavement with decent lighting.

  18. #18
    Broken and dizzy
    Reputation: Surfinguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    i just watched the original vid from the camera and it's soooooo much better... will upload later when i get home... You'll see the real quality instead of my windows movie maker bs... XD
    Hey, just want to be clear, I'm not trying to bag on ya...I know how bad some of the "processing" apps can be. My latest vid on my Sponsorhouse page looks like poo since it had to be converted to mpeg, then gets compressed more once it's up on the page.



  19. #19
    Flying Goat
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfinguru
    Hey, just want to be clear, I'm not trying to bag on ya...I know how bad some of the "processing" apps can be. My latest vid on my Sponsorhouse page looks like poo since it had to be converted to mpeg, then gets compressed more once it's up on the page.
    It's all good dude... i'm not trippin...

    Here's an uncompressed one...
    <embed src="http://www.vsocial.com/ups/6ca8205480310f66b84ef59a42909c42" height="400" width="410"></embed><br/>Find this video and thousands of others at <a href="http://www.vsocial.com/">vSocial</a>!

  20. #20
    Thunder Chunky
    Reputation: Madman133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,752
    Thats alot better dude...the lighting is still weird but idk.
    Purple Popcorn

  21. #21
    Thunder Chunky
    Reputation: Madman133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,752
    Also you you have to remember though the gopro is only $140 compared to $800-$900 like your elmo suv or the viosport P.O.V.
    Purple Popcorn

  22. #22
    Flying Goat
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman133
    Also you you have to remember though the gopro is only $140 compared to $800-$900 like your elmo suv or the viosport P.O.V.
    exactly... XD

    Cant wait to get the real mounts when their launched though... looks something like this...

    <embed src="http://www.vsocial.com/ups/e9912b422a4436af62ae162f667ddf6e" height="400" width="410"></embed><br/>Find this video and thousands of others at <a href="http://www.vsocial.com/">vSocial</a>!

  23. #23
    DenverDH'er
    Reputation: rep_1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    It's all good dude... i'm not trippin...

    Here's an uncompressed one...
    <embed src="http://www.vsocial.com/ups/6ca8205480310f66b84ef59a42909c42" height="400" width="410"></embed><br/>Find this video and thousands of others at <a href="http://www.vsocial.com/">vSocial</a>!

    Oh man, TONS better. I might have to pick one of these up.

    THe price alone out weighs the quality difference of the 800 dollar set ups!

  24. #24
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,213
    Looks a lot better uncompressed but the video is still not in its native resolution so its going to look better then it would in its original state.

    It looks like a very decent product for the price though, i just wouldn't try to compare it to more expensive systems is all as it falls short in a lot of the more advanced areas.

  25. #25
    Flying Goat
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,330
    rep_1969 - Definitely get one... A lot of guys forget that this camera is only like USD150 and i would say it beats anything under the $200 pricerange... Plus it's soooo light you dont even feel it on your helmet. I think i just need to get better video editors... XD

    mtb_biker - Yeap... it looks good on my TV or before i uploaded it still...

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •