mtbr member

need some new gear!

im looking to get new knee and elbow pads and maybe a full face helmet, i really like the 661 kneegaurds my dad has for dirbikes but at over $100 they are out of my price range, what knee/elbow gaurd combo could i get for uner $100 and maybe a set of full finger gloves also?

what price range would a decent quality full face helmet be in and what brands/models would you recomend?

other then those main purchases im looking to get new glasses, goggles, and a jersey but those ill prob just get in local stores, and know enough about already but feel free to voice your opinion

thanks for all your help

ohhh one last thing, who has used a 661 pressure suite or whatever its called, that mesh jacket with all the padding sewn on, is it worth the price to get one?
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

A guy who loves to DH
    I got a full arm elbow guard and full shin knee guard (no plastic shell just inner padding) for 30 bucks each at price point. Both 661. Also the standard 661 helmet for 60 bucks. nice stuff and do the trick for cheap. And just so you know, Ive eatn s**t many times and both the guards and helmet have saved me from a beating. Also picked up a decent full finger glove for 8 bucks there as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I just got The Rockgardn knee/shin armor which seems to be pretty flexible...I went to all the shops and checked the fit and liked them over the rest. I was concerned with movement of the pad, but its got 3 point fastening with a neoprene upper that securres nicely and leaves me unrestricted. Im gettin the elbow gear next.

mtbr member
    i ordered a set of fox launch iirc knee/shin gaurds that should be here tomorrow as well as a new set of tires, next week when i get paid im gonna go to campmor and get a set of full finger gloves and maybe some elbow gaurds, id like to also get a new full face helmet and a camelbak hoss or mule as well
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7