mtbr member

Need clipless shoes I can wear to class...

So I'm starting to ride my back to class now but it's annoying trying to not slip off the pedal with Time ATACs and tennis shoes. So I'm looking for something like the Pearl Izumi X-Alp Seek IV. The only thing difference I'm looking for is that it has a recessed cleat so I can walk in them. Or is there a good way that maybe I could take the cleats on and off quickly for when I get on and off my bike? Thanks for any help.

banned
    Nov 2011
    Shimano MT33L, and nothing more.

They look very casual and are extremely comfortable to walk in. On top of that they are one of Shimano's best priced shoes. There is no need to take the cleats off on them because the cleats are hidden inside a cutout so they won't interfere with your walking.

Do yourself a huge favor and go buy a pair immediately.

Save Jesus
    Pearl Izumi does have a few shoes that are even half cycling half running. But they are not that stiff, if you really care about the cycling part.

What is the difference between the MT33L and the MT33 (without the L)?

mtbr member
    If they're good to bike in, they suck to walk in. If they're walkable, they'll suck as bike shoes. You need a really stiff sole for a good bike shoe, and that just leads to poor walking.

Get a pair of chucks and toss them in your backpack, then use good bike shoes and change when you get there.. or go flats.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    If they're good to bike in, they suck to walk in. If they're walkable, they'll suck as bike shoes. You need a really stiff sole for a good bike shoe, and that just leads to poor walking.

Get a pair of chucks and toss them in your backpack, then use good bike shoes and change when you get there.. or go flats.
    No I don't really care about the biking performance. I have a pair of good bike shoes for when I actually go biking. I just want something I can walk really good in, and when I ride I don't have to worry about slipping off the pedals. It's basically just to get me from the parking lot to class without me having to change shoes. Cause Time ATACs are just 2 slick rails and not good for regular shoes at all. I slip off all the time...especially when they're wet.
    2001 Raleigh M80 Mountain Sport
    - Manitou Minute Expert fork
    - LX/XT components