mtbr member
    Jan 2006

In need of a BIG Helmet

I'm currently running a Kali XXL. Fits my head but while wearing it it squeezes along my cheeks / jawline causing discomfort after a while. I've ran the Giro Remedy and that one is even worse. Are there any GOOD fullface Helmets that allow more space in that area or have interchangeable pads in different sizes?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Used to wear a Fox FF Rampage. Good spacing around the cheeks and mouth. XL is the largest they go though

mtbr member
    XXL are hard to find as I have a 8 - 8 1/8 or 64-65cm head. I was in the same boat TACO and went with a moto helmet. Moto offers a lot of choices and size options, I did check out the sizing on the Bell Full 9, they come in XXL and I thnk they will fit but at 400$ I can use my moto helmet for a while longer.

Moto helmets can weigh a bit more than MTN bike specific helmets, but not bad and certainly if you need an xxl you are likely not a small guy, I could be wrong though but the extra weight might not affect you if you are.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I'm in the same situation as you TACORICAN, I will be purchasing a Specialized Max helmet tomorrow to see how that works. In years past didn't have the problem with hats fitting, not until I started growing my dreads. I now use the Giro Venti that doesn't quite fit, plus starting to fall apart. I will give an update once I get helmet in hand...or on head.

mtbr member
    The Bell Super runs way oversize, I could measure it for you if you like. I normally wear a XL helmet but the Super XL on its tightest setting still is loose. for me.