BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008

My feet are wide my five tens hurt. What to do?

So I have five ten freeriders that I have been using for a year now. They have always been tight on me but have stretched out some... I think the chassis is just too narrow for me. Is there anything wider available out there with a sticky rubber? I am use to tight fitting footwear with 24 years in ski boots but my feet have finally said no more. The got a bruise on the outside of my foot last week that has kept me off my bike for that long... There was no impact associated with it but my everyday shoes are also to blame. I have a high instep and wide foot. I wear an 8.5 to 9.0.
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    I just got Sixsixone Filters and they seem nice and wide.
    2012 Anthem X 29er in the build process
    2010 Diamondback Mission

Go Bruins!
    I have wide feet and the Teva Links are pretty wide and the insole that comes with them has a nice arch support in them (I had to change the insoles out as I have flat feet). I don't think the rubber is as sticky as the 5 10's, but they are comfortable off and on the bike. The did take a while to break in as I broke them in only while riding. I find them sticky enough to stay on my pedals while having the option for placement change if necessary. I wear an 8.5 as well by the way.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Try going up a half size or full size. I do that in Vans & have a lttle extra room but never enough that they are too big. Just enough spare room to make breaking in much easier without any rubbing on the sides of my feet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I got the same problem with my shimano 089. I had my grandpa's wooden Form that can be widen the shoes. It worked well for my very wide feet!
    Look for shoe form that can be adjust the width. My grandpa was shoemaker.
    Leave them in ur shoes for a week.

BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008
    ITs funny the shoes that have been recommended as wide I have also found reviews stating they are not for wide feet.

Anyone else have experience putting Stealth rubber on skate shoes.
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    Which fiveten have you been using? The different models vary quite a bit in width. Originally, I tried the Impact shoe and no matter which size I tried it just did not work right for my mega-wide duck feet. The Spitfire model is quite a bit wider in design and fits my wide feet perfect in size 10 (maybe even a 9.5 would have worked), whereas the Impact required size 10.5, but still didn't feel perfect and was way too long.

I ordered through zappos.com, to try the various sizes and models, as they allow free return shipping for exchanges and returns.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I have the same problem and need wide fitting shoes. I just got a new pair for 5.10 sam hill's and they fit perfectly, bloody sticky sole too Cant recommend them enough.