mtbr member
    Feb 2010

MTB Race shoe for wider feet?

Iíve had S-Works MTB shoes for a couple of years but I have always found the width tight. Due to the high investment I have stuck with them, but now it is time for a change.

Any suggestions for lightweight MTB shoes with a slightly wider fit?

mtbr member
    Not sure about lightweight, but Shimano, Sidi and Giro all make shoes in wide widths. Shimano has the SHM088LE thats a wide fit and Sidi has their Mega fit.

Mountain Shoes | Shoes | Discounted Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes and Cycling Gear at PricePoint.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    You might also check out Scott shoes. I tried on a metric butt-load of different shoes the other day (Shimano, Giro, Bontrager), and the Scotts were noticeably wider than the rest, particularly in the forefoot.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I wear a 12.5 EE for running shoes (sneakers), and definitely cannot fit into standard width anything. I decided to suck it up and pay retail at a shop in order to try MTB shoes on and find the right fit - as you say it's something you'll have for a while... Anyway, I ended up with a Bontrager RL ($150), which comes in an actual wide version (47W I ended up with). Can't comment much on it as I've only used it a few times on my spin bike in the basement. But so far so good, comfortable, fits well. I'm told Shimano runs a little wide. I actually had a standard width Shimano shoe yrs back, though it was kinda snug...