mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Motorcycle gloves?

Anyone use winter motorcycle gloves for MTBing? I have tried tons of mountain bike winter gloves and haven't been happy with any of them. Tried the lobster gloves, ski gloves, wool liners, you name it. So I got to thinking about motorcyclists who ride in the winter. I figured they'd need the same amount of protection (or more) and also the dexterity needed for shifting, braking, grip, etc..

Found these online and was wondering if anyone has used them or something similar?

REV'IT! Carver H20 Gloves - RevZilla

-Dave

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Like anything else, the quality of motorcycle gloves vary a lot: a new pair of Alpinestars SMX-2 gloves barely lasted an hour on the mountainbike. On both gloves, fingers were shredded and torn open where they made contact with the ODI Rogue grips- completely failed and leaving my skin exposed. There was no failure of stitching, just very rapid abrasion of the synthetic palm material itself...the stuff rolled up like damp cardboard might. Too bad, they were beautiful gloves that fit so well, but I cringe at the thought of anyone crashing a motorcycle wearing 'em, much less a bicycle.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    That sounds right for Alpinestars.... Dianese is not much better I had a set of Dianese gloves and punched my thumb straight through the leather when they got wet! Glad I was not racing in them... I only ever wore Kushitani gloves when I was motorcycle racing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Those gloves are probably to bulky. It is a different dexterity needed for motorcycle riding, I have a feeling that shifting will be a pain.

Best thing to do is hit your local motorcycle shops and try on as many glosses as you can.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I use winter Motocross from FLY or Fox racing. Paired with silk glove liners, they can be warm with no restricted movement. My leather roadracing gloves don't allow much movement in the thumbs.

mtbr member
    Fox Polar Paws work great for me until the temp is below 25. I have pair in my moto bag and another in my mtb bag.
    Turner Sultan
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Ducati M1100s
    Husaberg TE 250
    KTM 300
    RD 400

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    look at snowmobile gloves, klim, motorfist, or true adventure gear. With the sledgloves, we need to feel the handlebar and have some warmth. klim makes a pair with no insulation but made with windblocker material. Been using them for years, both sledding and riding.