Thread: MET Helmet fit

GO BLUE!!

MET Helmet fit

I am looking at getting a MET Veleno helmet (Estro is the same, just no visor) and would like to know from those who own this helmet how the fit is. The issue I have is that my head measures 22.5", which puts me just over 57cm. This is right between the medium and large sizes. Will the medium dial out enough to fit my head (I occasionally wear a Headsweats headband), or will I have to get the large? Any info on this is appreciated. Thanks.
    I always wanted a Wookie, but I found out they weren't real.
    (Thanks for nothing, George Lucas.)

mtbr member
    I'm not familiar with the Veleno, but I know Met helmets run on the small side. You would probably be better off with the large, especially if you are wearing a headband.

GO BLUE!!
    Ordered a large and will report back on the fit when I receive it.

GO BLUE!!
    Received the helmet and wore it a couple of times. It may be just me, but I could not get past how big this thing looks on my head. I have adjusted the retention knob and it is only 1/4 turn from minimum. Meaning that it only take 1/4 turn of the knob until it bottoms out at the smallest it can possibly go.

On the other hand, the helmet has a nice fit, is very comfortable and really lets a lot of air through. The days I wore the helmet, it was really humid and hot out (mid 80s, 100% humidity and 75 dewpoint), so I was going to sweat A LOT. The gel pad, as well as my Headsweats, were essentially worthless. Neither did a good job stopping or redirecting the sweat. To be fair, this isn't the norm where I live, so I am sure that it does a better job on less hot and humid days.

I am not sure if I can get over the size. To be honest, it really isn't that much bigger than the helmet it replaced (measurement wise). But it is longer and taller than my last helmet (Uvex Boss).

One other thing I don't like about the helmet are the buckles on the straps under the ears. They don't stay in place. Even when they are locked down, they still can move. Not a huge issue, I am just accustomed to grabbing the straps there when pulling the helmet onto my head.

GO BLUE!!
    The helmet just did not work out. It ended up being too big. As mentioned above, I was almost bottomed out on the retention system. After a while, it did bottom out and there was no adjustment left. I am not sure if the plastic bands on the system stretched or what happened, but the helmet started getting sloppy fitting on my head and was just not safe. I would try a medium, but I am afraid that helmet will just be too small. So, I am off to look for another brand that has great airflow and fit.

<----- Perhaps something in this color (anyone do great airbrushing?)