Beer is my spirit animal

Men's Road Shoe Small But Wide Suggestions

Got a male customer who needs a 38.5 size, and would prefer a wider model of shoe. Unfortunately Shimano/Pearl are the only shoes we carry, and they don't offer specific enough sizing for a guy with such small feet. The Shimano rep recommended a company called Lake, but after having difficulty just finding their contact info and discovering that none of our main distributors carry them (BTI, QBP, SBS), I'm not really interested in dealing with them for one pair of shoes.

Any guys out there with small feet found a brand that really worked for them? Also, he was interested in the Shimano custom-fit stuff, so he is definitely looking at a higher end shoe.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions.
    ― Robert Anton Wilson

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I would look at Sidi Mega sizes in the Dominator 5 series. They sell them in size 40. Then use the Specialized BG Footbed or some sort of Tennis shoe sole to build them up. Mega is their Wide shoe lineup.

mtbr member
    I'd use Sidi Mega for years (10.5EE foot) and for the last 2 years have been using Northwave shoes - (Northwave Aerlite S.B.S Road Shoe & Northwave Razer S.B.S. Carbon MTB shoe). May be worth a look!

My heel would slip in the Sidi's but not at all with the Northwave.
    Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!