mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Lycra Shorts for my wife.

My wife is looking for some nice Lycra shorts with a nice chamois and around a 6" inseam. I would like to keep it $50 or less for a pair. Any recommendations since most sites don't have any reviews on most of the shorts.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Louis Garneau makes well-fitting, high quality lycra bike shorts for women in several models at different price points and lengths. I have a couple of pair and I highly recommend them. At the end of the summer you should be able to get good deals on their top of the line shorts (with the best chamois).

Pearl Izumi also offers very good women's lycra shorts in several lengths.

mtbr member
    I love Pearl Izumi Attack shorts. You can get some new on eBay for less than $50. REI will sometimes have them on sale for $55. The chamois is great, length is comfortable.

mtbr member
    Second that recommendation for Pearl Izumi shorts. They are very comfortable without the "diaper" feeling. I find their chamois and lyrcra to be more comfortable than Louis Garneau shorts.

She Beest is another one to look at. REI use to sell these (not sure if they still do) but the chamois is also quite good at an affordable price!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Check out teamestrogen.com - they carry the brands discussed by previous responders plus many more.