mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Lower profile xen or hex

Looking for a new helmet and I like the fit of Giro so it's a tossup between the two. The xen looks like it is smaller but I thought I'd ask which one is lower profile as I can't try them on locally. I really prefer the look of the 661 and the Fox Flux but I don't know if they fit similarly to the giros. Thanks

mtbr member
    The Xen to me looks lower profile than the Hex. The Fox Flux XS/S runs a bit smaller than the Giro Hex S I have had. To me, the Giro fitting system is more comfortable than the Fox Flux helmets.

mtbr member
    I got the fox striker. It fits like a glove and looks very nice. Lots of ventilation too. I recommend checking it out on amazon.

SANCTUS
    Quote Originally Posted by AE Beej View Post
    I got the fox striker. It fits like a glove and looks very nice. Lots of ventilation too. I recommend checking it out on amazon.
    that is a great looking helmet what does the OP mean by "low profile" I am guessing the thickness of the helmet in regards to dork meter this helmet is perched on my head look? if so, the high end helmets offer a thinner but safe protective barrier , have a look at a pro cross country riders lid.Your looking at spending at least $175.00?
    BUSTELO

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have a Xen and my boy has a Hex. The XEN makes my head look like a mushroom, but its so comfortable though, so I keep it. The Hex looks cool.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by matthawk7 View Post
    Looking for a new helmet and I like the fit of Giro so it's a tossup between the two. The xen looks like it is smaller but I thought I'd ask which one is lower profile as I can't try them on locally. I really prefer the look of the 661 and the Fox Flux but I don't know if they fit similarly to the giros. Thanks
    Giro Feature. Seems to fit closer than most.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSTELO View Post
    that is a great looking helmet what does the OP mean by "low profile" I am guessing the thickness of the helmet in regards to dork meter this helmet is perched on my head look? if so, the high end helmets offer a thinner but safe protective barrier , have a look at a pro cross country riders lid.Your looking at spending at least $175.00?
    True...primarily looking for a no shroom look. Since I'm currently riding with no helmet (I know...) I went ahead and ordered the xen. It was the cheapest option at the moment and will get me by until I'm able to try some others out. I could have gone really cheap but then I'm guaranteed to look like a koopa.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Xar is also a good option. I just picked up the titanium one. Super light and vents well. You can find great deals online.

SANCTUS
    Quote Originally Posted by matthawk7 View Post
    True...primarily looking for a no shroom look. Since I'm currently riding with no helmet (I know...) I went ahead and ordered the xen. It was the cheapest option at the moment and will get me by until I'm able to try some others out. I could have gone really cheap but then I'm guaranteed to look like a koopa.
    I own a ZEN, going on 5 years now, am looking for a lower profile helmet when I scrape the centavos together.
    BUSTELO