Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30

    Lower profile xen or hex

    Looking for a new helmet and I like the fit of Giro so it's a tossup between the two. The xen looks like it is smaller but I thought I'd ask which one is lower profile as I can't try them on locally. I really prefer the look of the 661 and the Fox Flux but I don't know if they fit similarly to the giros. Thanks

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aliikane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    553
    The Xen to me looks lower profile than the Hex. The Fox Flux XS/S runs a bit smaller than the Giro Hex S I have had. To me, the Giro fitting system is more comfortable than the Fox Flux helmets.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AE Beej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    162
    I got the fox striker. It fits like a glove and looks very nice. Lots of ventilation too. I recommend checking it out on amazon.

  4. #4
    SANCTUS
    Reputation: BUSTELO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by AE Beej View Post
    I got the fox striker. It fits like a glove and looks very nice. Lots of ventilation too. I recommend checking it out on amazon.
    that is a great looking helmet what does the OP mean by "low profile" I am guessing the thickness of the helmet in regards to dork meter this helmet is perched on my head look? if so, the high end helmets offer a thinner but safe protective barrier , have a look at a pro cross country riders lid.Your looking at spending at least $175.00?
    BUSTELO

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,372
    I have a Xen and my boy has a Hex. The XEN makes my head look like a mushroom, but its so comfortable though, so I keep it. The Hex looks cool.

  6. #6
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,994
    Quote Originally Posted by matthawk7 View Post
    Looking for a new helmet and I like the fit of Giro so it's a tossup between the two. The xen looks like it is smaller but I thought I'd ask which one is lower profile as I can't try them on locally. I really prefer the look of the 661 and the Fox Flux but I don't know if they fit similarly to the giros. Thanks
    Giro Feature. Seems to fit closer than most.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSTELO View Post
    that is a great looking helmet what does the OP mean by "low profile" I am guessing the thickness of the helmet in regards to dork meter this helmet is perched on my head look? if so, the high end helmets offer a thinner but safe protective barrier , have a look at a pro cross country riders lid.Your looking at spending at least $175.00?
    True...primarily looking for a no shroom look. Since I'm currently riding with no helmet (I know...) I went ahead and ordered the xen. It was the cheapest option at the moment and will get me by until I'm able to try some others out. I could have gone really cheap but then I'm guaranteed to look like a koopa.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    24
    Xar is also a good option. I just picked up the titanium one. Super light and vents well. You can find great deals online.

  9. #9
    SANCTUS
    Reputation: BUSTELO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by matthawk7 View Post
    True...primarily looking for a no shroom look. Since I'm currently riding with no helmet (I know...) I went ahead and ordered the xen. It was the cheapest option at the moment and will get me by until I'm able to try some others out. I could have gone really cheap but then I'm guaranteed to look like a koopa.
    I own a ZEN, going on 5 years now, am looking for a lower profile helmet when I scrape the centavos together.
    BUSTELO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •