mtbr member
    May 2008

Louis Garneau Shoes

How do they fit compared to Shimano? I'm thinking about picking up a pair of either the Terra Grip, Montana XT2 or T-Flex.

banned
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bank5 View Post
    How do they fit compared to Shimano?
    Go to your local bike store that sells them and try them on. We can't determine how they will fit you.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Addict View Post
    Go to your local bike store that sells them and try them on. We can't determine how they will fit you.
    They don't have them in stock so I'm going to ship to store. Getting them from Performance. That is assuming they fit similar to Shimano which hopefully someone can help with.

Still trying to decide if I want to go with the entry, mid range, or higher end model. I'll probably go mid-range but they seem a bit heavy compared to the other 2 options

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Montana XT2 great fit. Shimano never fit me properly, too narrow. The LG's are wider with a rounder toe profile which makes the shoe really comfortable. Completely different fit than Shimano.

shining bright
    Just picked up a pair about a month ago. I've only worn them for two rides, and they are the first shoes I've ever bought. I just started doing clipless riding. Anyway, no complaints from me. They seem like good shoes. I'm not sure which ones mine are, but they do have a ratchet top strap.

I wear about a 14 (US), so I was worried that I would have trouble finding some that fit. I went into a local LBS and tried this particular pair on and they fit, so I jumped on them. No other LBS's had any shoes that fit me.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm glad I shipped them to the store instead of ordering them online. Seem like good shoes but they were a bit small and not the exact thing I'm looking for