mtbr member
    May 2013

Loose fitting jerseys or shirts that don't cost a ton

I've been looking all over for mountain biking jerseys or shirts that are not too expensive. Right now I have one Zoic shirt that I love but it wasn't cheap. I have a lot of workout or polyester shirts that I wear but they lack pockets. I've seen a few Fox jerseys that don't look like racing jerseys (I just want to ride around in the peace in the woods with nature) but they are kind of high. Anybody know of any that you would recommend? I swear by my Zoic Ether shorts and the one jersey so if all else fails I'll probably just buy a few more of those.

mtbr member
    I just got a pair of fox demo shorts for cheap from here Fox Demo Cargo Short 2013 > Apparel > Shorts > Men's Cycling Shorts | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop. They are very comfortable and they are half off with free shipping. You go much cheaper on shorts and they are gonna suck like the pair I bough from sport authority for $50 that fell apart after half a season. Here are some others on jensons web site Search results for fox demo | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop . Plus if you register an account for the first time you get $5 off with this code "new2cust12" . They have lots of stuff on sale, select the sale tab.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I've had great luck finding Zoic or Fox Baseline jerseys on sale (websites) over the years typically paying around $30.
    Just search for them once or twice a month my last Zoic was from REI's outlet in March

mtbr member
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.

mtbr member
    sierratradingpost occasionally has some good deals.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    do you really need pockets?

i find lately whever I ride, I have my camelback.

i also have a under seat bag for the emergency tools.

I tend to now buy nike, addidas workout shirts - only thing I miss aobut these shirts is no zipper in the front, but I dont see that as a huge deal

Old Fart Swamper
    I buy $11 Walmart shirts of the newer water wicking type,
    they are perfect

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Loose fitting jerseys or shirts that don't cost a ton

I'll second Osco, I wear nothing but wal mart, old navy active and champion(target) brand shirts. The majority of the time I'm wearing my old navy shirts, I dig them a bunch.They cost a fraction of the price and simply work, function over form. I wear a fanny pack(enduro belt)for my necessities and have two bottle cages for water. In all honesty, it simply works.

Nor­wegr
    Endura cairn are inexpensive and good quality.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Osco View Post
    they are perfect
    This or Costco often has nice name brand wicking shirts like UnderArmor or Adidas, Nike, ect. for around $15. If you're just looking for a t-shirt I don't see the need to spend $20+ per shirt.

Trailhead Poseur
    I prefer the Champion C9 shirts from Target vs. the Walmart shirts, myself. They just feel a little lighter and seem to wick better. Stores like Ross or T.J. Maxx also carry closeout name-brand tech shirts for under $20, though selection there can be hit-or-miss and vary with the season.

FWIW, I also have cycling jerseys from my roadie days but rarely wear them on the MTB because their best feature - pockets - are blocked if you wear a hydration pack.
    Speed solves all problems, except for those things it makes worse.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Osco View Post
    they are perfect
    Cool-Dri: I too buy these at Walmart mail-order for $9 as they are inexpensive, which means I don't care if I destroy it hitting the ground. I would be mad as hell if I bought a $30+ Jersey and put a rip in it before a month was over; as I have done. I can get the Cool-Dri in bright colors as well so people can see me coming down the trail and the brighter colors reflect sun very well, helping me stay cooler. Even on 95'ish days, these shirts keep me cool. I'll try to get a pic up, I had a lady friend take four of the Cool-Dri shirts and mix the sleeves and panels around to make multi-color shirts for MTB. only cost me $35, now I have four riding shirts that all have their own unique look!
    Observe, report.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Pretty happy with champion faux dry-fit stuff. It's not as nice as the nike shirt that I have but it still works. Sometimes you can find cheap stuff on specialized's website that they're blowing out. I bought a jersey from them and it fit pretty well.

Personally I don't miss pockets as I wear a camelbak, but if you need pockets then you might just have to buy a legitimate jersey.

mtbr member
    Most of my jerseys come from Chainlove. One, Fox, Dakine, all for around 20 bucks.
    Cervelo S2
    Specialized Carve Pro
    Pivot Mach 5