mtbr member
    Jul 2011

looking for eyewear that does NOT fog up

reached point of frustration with eyewear getting foggy to the point of stopping to wipe as visibility gets greatly reduced within 20 minutes into rides. i'm using 'clear' protective eye glasses and am looking for any recommendations for non-tinted anti-fog eyewear.

appreciate any help, thanks.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    I don't think there's such a thing as eyewear that will NEVER fog up. I've found that 1) managing sweat, wearing some sort of sweatband, and 2) keeping the shields from getting too close to my face, so they can "breathe," are the best I can do. I use shields with anti-fog treatment, but in very humid weather, or rain, I sometimes have to just ride without them.

Trailhead Poseur
    Florida rider here, where it's always hot and humid. I agree with joe_bloe, IME nothing is 100% fogproof. The closest I've come so far are these Remington T72 shooting glasses with the clear anti-fog lens, plus the Cat Crap antifog mentioned by drwx, and a Halo headband. Another key is to keep moving at a brisk pace - a bit of airflow over the glasses helps. If I have to stop then I take them off and stick them in my helmet vents.

(FWIW, I also find the T72 with the copper lens to be good for sunny days where you'll be riding in and out of the tree canopy.)
    Speed solves all problems, except for those things it makes worse.

mtbr member
    I bought a pair of vented sunglasses
    Native Sprint
    looking for eyewear that does NOT fog up-native_eyewear-sprint-asphalt.jpg

So far plenty of sweating but no fog and WAY cooler than my other pair of non-vented sunglasses. Native sunglasses are very light too..I'm a fan for sure!
    I bought mine from REI store...
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

banned
    Jun 2013
    Vented Oakley Racing Jackets are the best that I've used. Not 100% fog proof on the climbs but once you get moving they clear up quickly.

looking for eyewear that does NOT fog up-oakley-racing-jacket-polished-black.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Agreed with all posts, nothing fog free, when you stop for sure. Just focus on the vents and you will be good. My question to add on, is anybody use the rain-X treatment?

mtbr member
    I've tried rain-X for water, not really fog. It didn't work. The beads are still too big and blocked my vision.
    Ask me about Evansburg State Park
    Trail days. 3rd Sunday
    of the month.

mtbr member
    Rain-x does nothing for fog, it's purely for rain. Even then, you have to be traveling around 40 MPH for it to be truely effective.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    thx to all for the suggestions and feedback. i'll be going with the vented oakley as that was my initial alternative too, and seems easiest for my purposes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    +1 on the vented Oakley's... They may fog up when you stop in extreme conditions, but immediately clear up when you get going.

Even though I get hooked up with another premium brand, I gladly pay full pop for the Oakley's for riding.

FKA Malibu412
    Try the dish soap trick. Coat the lenses with it and polish it off until the lenses are clear. Should help them to be more fog resistant. Works for diving masks.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide the Clyde View Post
    Try the dish soap trick. Coat the lenses with it and polish it off until the lenses are clear. Should help them to be more fog resistant. Works for diving masks.
    This works really well. A little dab'll do ya.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Re: looking for eyewear that does NOT fog up

When I used to play competitive paintball (RPL) in always used rain x anti.fog in my goggles (which fog likre mofos even with top.of the line lenses) you can get it at Walmart or any auto place its in a black.little.bottle worked wonders for me and my teammates.

Sent from my HTC EVO LTE

mtbr member
    Just recently changed mind to Oakley RadarLock XL Straight Stem Vented. (OO9196-06)

http://au.oakley.com/images/catalog/...932006af36.jpg

Still fogs when you come to complete stop but compare to other.....this comes no way near...Bad ass looking too.

mtbr member

looking for eyewear that does NOT fog up

I have natives and don't ever plan on changing. Warantee is awesome, frame broke after 4-6years, cost me 20+shipping for brand new pair. Oh, and I lost my receipt. They didn't care. Had many oakleys but would break after a few years and warantee wasn't as good.

Sent from magic wish granting phone