mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Long sleeve jersey for spring riding

Looking to get a long sleeve jersey for cool weather spring riding and maybe as a baselayer on my motorcycle. Trying not to spend more than $60. Here are a couple options that I'm looking at right now, any recommendations?
    Castelli Spinta (heard stories about fit issues)

Cutter Classic Jersey

Sroic Merino Bliss

I'm kind of intrigued by merino wool, but I'm open to other options. Any suggestions? Sorry can't do links due to post count, but I think you get the general idea.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Ended up grabbing the Cutter Classic Jersey on a nice sale. Being a cheap ass and wanting to try merino wool won out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Roma, how do you like the Cutter jersey? I have been looking at that. Some of the reviews mention it is big and you should size down, but others have said its true to size. Any feedback?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I've read those reviews too and went with medium (I'm generally between medium and large). Will report back as soon as I receive it, shipping's taking forever.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Finally came in today and I even had a chance to take it out for a quick ride. Mini review:
    Very pleased with the fit. I'm 5'10" 165 lbs and the medium fits semi-snug. Definitely not next to skin, but not flopping around either, just a good, comfortable fit. Sleeves might be a tad loose. Very thin material, very comfy, barely any itchiness at all. Rode in 55 degree weather, mostly flat, a few quick climbs and managed to get a decent sweat going. I could see this jersey, with maybe a tight t-shirt as baselayer being enough down to 45 degrees. Might get hot above 65.

Also my subjective opinion, but it's pretty slick looking:

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the response. I ordered one as well. Looks like a nice merino jersey for the price

Over the Hill
    There are hundreds of great long sleeve jerseys available. Search on ebay. page after page.....