mtbr member

Light weight slim leg pants..

Its getting around 50 degrees here in Cali.. So for us Californians its time to bundle up.. yeah I know, we're wusses.. Does anyone know of some pants that aren't too heavy, expensive or stifling hot that I can wear? I like the idea of riding in a slim leg pant that will keep me warmer than shorts, without being in anything too heavy or baggy.. and ahead of time, I don't do tights. Thanks ahead of time.
    Rockhopper 29er

-FSA Carbon handlebars, stem, & seatpost
    -2011 Rockshox Reba
    -Stan's Flow Wheelset
    -Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Jams,

Maybe some 3/4 length Enduras (or other brand)?

Endura - Products

I like their Humvee shorts, but they might be a tad on the too-baggy side. They're super light but not dirt cheap. Best of all: no effing velcro.

Tall socks and put your knee pads on? Leg warmers? <-- Two best SoCal options, IMO.

I wore some Novara Headwind pants a couple days on the CO Trail. Too bad they're not produced anymore. Some others liked them as well:

REI Novara Headwind pants review

Good luck evading that 50° frostnip

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Stick with your shorts and add knee/ leg warmers. Super easy to put on and take off it gets to warm. Comes in every type of thickness as well.

mtbr member
    You could also go with some soccer warm-ups from Addidas - they are light, and tapered so you don't have to worry about catching your chain. They are perfect for 50 degree weather, and very comfortable without being baggy at all, plus they are easy to find in most sporting good stores.
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by She&I View Post
    Jams,

Maybe some 3/4 length Enduras (or other brand)?

Endura - Products

I like their Humvee shorts, but they might be a tad on the too-baggy side. They're super light but not dirt cheap. Best of all: no effing velcro.

Tall socks and put your knee pads on? Leg warmers? <-- Two best SoCal options, IMO.

I wore some Novara Headwind pants a couple days on the CO Trail. Too bad they're not produced anymore. Some others liked them as well:

REI Novara Headwind pants review

Good luck evading that 50° frostnip
    the 3/4s don't look too bad.. but endura actually has a pants section and it looks like they taper down to very narrow at the bottom to avoid the chain! I may have to buy a pair.. though I wish they were cheaper!
    Rockhopper 29er

-2011 Rockshox Reba
    -Stan's Flow Wheelset
    -Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecognize View Post
    Stick with your shorts and add knee/ leg warmers. Super easy to put on and take off it gets to warm. Comes in every type of thickness as well.
    ive never used them.. aesthetically I don't think they look as good as some pants, but maybe the convenience of being able to take them off is worth it. i'll have to try out a pair
    Rockhopper 29er

-2011 Rockshox Reba
    -Stan's Flow Wheelset
    -Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    You could also go with some soccer warm-ups from Addidas - they are light, and tapered so you don't have to worry about catching your chain. They are perfect for 50 degree weather, and very comfortable without being baggy at all, plus they are easy to find in most sporting good stores.
    that's actually not a bad idea, and im sure I can find some warm ups pretty cheap!
    Rockhopper 29er

-2011 Rockshox Reba
    -Stan's Flow Wheelset
    -Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams_805 View Post
    that's actually not a bad idea, and im sure I can find some warm ups pretty cheap!
    I like mine so much the Mrs. bought me several pair, right from the Big 5 store a few blocks away. They are a great fit, and if it gets too cold, I can still put on a pair of tights underneath without them getting bulky. Good luck and thanks for the rep!
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.