mtbr member

New question here. Light & cool knee/elbow pads?

Anyone have experience with some lightweight and cool protection for the SoCal summer season please? Not serious downhill armor, don't really need hard-shell either. Just minimal protection for trail and xc tumbles that won't have me drenched in 15 minutes!
    I live in my head...

Just having fun... Sorry to piss you off...

mtbr member
    May 2012

Light & cool knee/elbow pads?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
    Anyone have experience with some lightweight and cool protection for the SoCal summer season please? Not serious downhill armor, don't really need hard-shell either. Just minimal protection for trail and xc tumbles that won't have me drenched in 15 minutes!
    Ditto same here. Any suggestions?

SamIAm
    661 rage knee/elbow. updated kyle strait pad. elbow just like knee. lightest legit pad i have found yet
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

mtbr member
    Thanks much, I was looking at those Strait's but all I've found in stock for sale is size S! Seems like maybe they need to re-up their supply?
    I live in my head...

mtbr member
    Try g-form pads. I've started riding with them on all the time and they are barely noticeable when riding but they have saved my knees from some damage a couple of times already.

mtbr member
    I wondered about those and hoped someone here had some experience with them. Do you notice them being hot or do they breathe fairly well? Found some "rage" pads available in sizes. Are those the new version of the "kyle strait" pads?
    I live in my head...

mtbr member
    Ok, I'm convinced... Just ordered up some g-forms based on hartwerks and another thread: G-Form Pads
    Thanks to all, didn't mean to re-post old stuff. Did note someone in TX mentions they run nice and cool which is what I'm looking for!
    I live in my head...

mtbr member
    Yeah, the G-Form pads are reasonably cool for sure. Not so cool that you don't notice them at all, but definitely cooler than the POCs I use for DH. They are also really comfortable to pedal in, and they have saved my knees a couple of times without showing any real damage. All in all, I'd recommend them for sure.