mtbr member

leg warmer question

I order some leg and knee warmers from REI outlet pretty cheap. They are Canari's and I ordered a large because the only sizing feature made it same like it would equate to your pants size.

My question is how high up are they supposed to come? I feel like i have to pull them way up my thighs otherwise they are too long. Obviously I should go to a store and try some on but the thickness isn't too big. I'm wondering if the medium would be too tight. Any videos I saw showed people pulling the warmers up under their shorts and basically the bottom of the shorts lining up with the top of the warmers. My warmers would have to go a few inches above the bottom of the shorts. Feels like a warm cross dresser.

Also wondering if anyone uses those underarmor style compression tights instead of regular biking tights?

mtbr member
    Leg/knee warmers for me are about 6 inches or so up from the bottom of my shorts, shorts on top and warmers underneath. Remember as you ride the warmers are going to fall down from all the leg movement.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Had my first ride with leg warmers. No matter what I did, they slide all the way down to my knees. I bought knee warmers at the same time. They seem to stay up alright. Feels like my legs are anacondas shedding skin. Any tricks to keep them up?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdabike View Post
    Had my first ride with leg warmers. No matter what I did, they slide all the way down to my knees. I bought knee warmers at the same time. They seem to stay up alright. Feels like my legs are anacondas shedding skin. Any tricks to keep them up?
    Maybe something like an ice hockey garter belt? The leg warmers kinda remind me of ice hockey socks just much tighter.

Just a thought.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Mine stretch all the way up. I just make sure to never glance in the mirror when I'm putting them on!
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Mine stretch all the way up. I just make sure to never glance in the mirror when I'm putting them on!
    Well played Sir! Very funny

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdabike View Post
    I pull them as high as they go, then pull up near the bottom, as to give a little baggyness/room for my knees.

If you just pull them up, and there is tension, that tension is going to make them want to slide down. The same goes for knee warmers

mtbr member
    I know this isn't necessarily answering the OP question, but I've also had nothing but troubles with leg warmers and knee warmers slipping down. Mostly because I have pretty skinny legs. I got some wool knickers (3/4 length) and problem solved (warm and no slippage without full length tights) This is just a suggestion for alternate products.
    Where's the gas pedal on this thing?

mtbr member
    I just use under armor (Walmart brand) compression tights. Works great, cheap and they don't fall down.
    I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I just hate vegetables.