Thread: Leatt STX

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Leatt STX

Been doing some reading on neck braces and it seems there's a legitimate complaint about the Leatt and it redistributing the forces from your neck onto your upper back. There are several reports of such injuries. So... you get to be a parapallegic instead of a quadrapalegic.

Looks like the Leatt STX may resolve that issue by redistributing the forces, instead, onto your shoulders.

Sure, it's designed for street use, but really, how much different can it be? I've noticed that it appears that Leatt is the only one really marketing different braces for different sports. The only thing that I can think of, that they'd do differently between a design for street versus MTB would be the angles of adjustment. But I can't imagine much else would be different, especially protection. Has anyone tried one on with mountain biking in mind?

I'd much rather have broken shoulders than a broken back. It might also fit a lot more body armor, since the width might be wide enough to avoid touching spine armor (the description even says so).

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Lindahl; 07-24-2012 at 10:21 PM.