Want Smiley Sauce w/that?

Lazer helmet question (Genesis XC vs. Blade)

I shared a shuttle to Kokopelli the other day with a guy who had me try on his Lazer Genesis (think it was the road version, no visor) helmet. he was pointing out that I didn't have to pull my ponytail through like I do with the helmet I have now, and that helmet was beautiful. Lighter, not as thick. I want one.

Does anyone know how the Blade differs from the Genesis XC? The Blade runs about $80 cheaper. I'm wondering if the fit is similar. It's got a shorter visor, slightly different vent design, but I'm mostly wondering if it has the same ponytail notch and if it's the same thickness as the Genesis.

If you've got one of either of these, what shape of head do you have?
    Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus."

And if you want a matte black helmet and you find one that that's great but a color you hate, can you just spray paint it? Anyone done that? Does it come off on your hands/peel/chip later?
    Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus."

breathing helium
    I don't have any help to offer as far as the comparison to the Blade, but I must say that the Genesis is by far the most comfortable and well fitting helmet I have ever owned. I let my riding buddies try it on and they agree. The Genesis rocks!

Good to hear! I found a new one, road version, wrong color (not a huge thing) -- but half price. But no visor -- how important is the visor?

Found a comparison and 360 views on the Lazer website. (Sorry.)

No contest, the Genesis is a work of art. I might have to take the leap and get the new black one with visor. $200 with shipping. Will she? Will she???

She just might.

breathing helium

The Genesis specs said it had "peripheral adjustment" -- any idea what that means? The Blade specs didn't say that. It's basically the same as the dial on the back of Bell helmets, right? Only it's on the top?

Thanks for the link! Do they send as fast as they claim? I'm leaving here in 11 days.

Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cannesdo
    the other day with a guy who had me try on his Lazer Genesis (think it was the road version, no visor) helmet.
    But no visor -- how important is the visor?
    I might have to take the leap and get the new black one with visor.

It sounds like a very important issue to you.
    You seem like a very experienced rider and you are right.

You should keep the visor. It always keeps the sun out of your eyes
    and it will protect you.