I'm assuming I'm not the only one with latex allergies, and I thought I'd post to see who else out there has run into issues with poor labeling on bike clothing.

Most companies are getting better at using silicone based leg grips in shorts, but there is the odd one that still runs latex in their waist elastics and elsewhere that catches me off guard. The biggest culprit for me has been Fox clothing, last year I picked up a pair of Fox Altitude shorts (first pair in a while, as I ran into latex issues about 6 years ago with a pair) and after a 30 minute ride I was itching like crazy around my waist, sure enough I had a bright red line at my waist where the elastic of the short liner was, and it stayed for several days and itched like crazy. Of course there was no mention of latex on the label, and like I previously had done several years ago sent Fox an email to make them aware. The email I received back was pretty much the same as before, that they would advise their design team of the issue. Here's hoping that this actually leads to a simple change to silicone based stuff...

Personally I'd like to hear if anyone else has had any issues with other brands, I know that some people can have an extremely serious reaction to latex and am continually surprised when I run across it in clothing.