mtbr member

Lake MXZ 300 shoes

The only places online have them for full price. My LBS doesn't stock them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevan
    I've searched forever, too. One of the few items that is full bore during this time. Even in the off season it's hard to find normal sizes for much less than 10% off. Maybe try www.bikeman.com or use a coupon if Nashbar has them.

Freshly Fujified

Try AEBike

www.aebike.com

Limited sizes, but they're going for about $120.00. I believe that's a pretty steep discount.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

No, that's not phonetic
    eBay is a great source. Do a search for "Lake Winter" in the cycling section.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

If anyone needs size 46, I've got you covered!

Quote Originally Posted by Cevan
    Don't mean to spam, but I've got a brand new pair in size 46 that I purchased at the end of last winter. I should have gone with the 47 instead and never got these returned. They've never been worn and I could ship them for $120. Let me know if you/anyone is interested.

indigosky
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter
    Don't mean to spam, but I've got a brand new pair in size 46 that I purchased at the end of last winter. I should have gone with the 47 instead and never got these returned. They've never been worn and I could ship them for $120. Let me know if you/anyone is interested.
    check your pm

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'm currently looking for some 44's. The world's most average size.

Groveland Trail Heads

I found

them for $150.00 last year at a place in Chicago(online), I forget the name. Wanted to let the original poster know some info. I have had these for just over a year and they have needed repairs. The heel on both shoes became detach creating an opening through the boot material. I do not ride anything I would consider extreme and I live in Santa Cruz, CA so weather is not an issue. I wonder about the quality of these shoes/boots. They are the most comfortable mtn. bike shoe/boot I have ever owned though

I did contact Lake regarding the heel issue and they just recommended I take them to a local cobbler(shoe repair)to restitch the heels. They did not offer any replacement which I thought would have been appropriate considering I had them for only a year. I had them restitched yesterday but they don't look like they will last another season. Just my 2 cents.
    My beat box is bumpin' and my rhymes are fresh...
    www.grovelandtrailheads.org

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    I'm currently looking for some 44's. The world's most average size.
    I believe they want you to go up one size, right? I normally wear a 44, but Lake told me get a 45.

No, that's not phonetic
    Go up 2 sizes MINIMUM if you hope to ride them in cold weather. You will want to put some thick felt insoles in them and a FAT pair of socks. I normally ride 45 shoes but I am in 47 MXZ300s, and could easily stand some 48s.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter
    Otter, I have a pair of lightly used 47's if you're still looking for some. I went up to a 48 after using them for a season. (I have decent pricing on new ones also). I agree with Tscheezy on the sizing, I wear a 45.5 Sidi and a 48 Lake (can wear a 47 but not with a very thick sock).
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    Otter, I have a pair of lightly used 47's if you're still looking for some. I went up to a 48 after using them for a season. (I have decent pricing on new ones also). I agree with Tscheezy on the sizing, I wear a 45.5 Sidi and a 48 Lake (can wear a 47 but not with a very thick sock).
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    Larry-

It may be Monday....but I'll give you a ring to discuss. Thanks!

'Calm Down'
    I think you're talking about lickbike.com, that's also where I got mine.

jw

Quote Originally Posted by scheckler
    got them for $150.00 last year at a place in Chicago(online), I forget the name.
    -

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

Roy
    mtbr member

Universal Cycles

Has the 300 for $97: http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...&category=1906

Otherwise Ebay and Larry are great sources.

Groveland Trail Heads

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOne
    I think you're talking about lickbike.com, that's also where I got mine.

jw
    GrumpyOne... it was driving me crazy because they were real cool to deal with and had some other good deals.
    My beat box is bumpin' and my rhymes are fresh...
    www.grovelandtrailheads.org

mtbr member
    These shoes dont hold up!!!
    The manual says to have silicone glue on hand to make the most of them!
    My friends and my own lasted less than a year.

jja
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just noticed that Performance has the 301s (boa laces) on sale for $149. Also $0.99 shipping (ending today - 12/12). To get the $149, make sure you're not logged in as a Team Performance member, and all first delete all cookies from performancebike.com and www.performancebike.com, or else it will be $199!

HTH somebody; I got some 300s off ebay recently.

tip: narrow feet order 1 size up; wide feet order 2 up and get a shoe stretcher