Thread: Knox gloves

thin blue line

Knox gloves

Has anyone had any experience - good, bad, or indifferent - with the Knox ORSA gloves? I wrecked out a few weeks ago and smacked my right palm on a very large rock. Haven't been able to ride since. The Knox gloves are advertised as being made specifically for protecting the palm/wrist joint and I don't want to drop $90 on a pair if it's all a gimmick. Thanks.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. G.Orwell

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thoggard View Post
    Has anyone had any experience - good, bad, or indifferent - with the Knox ORSA gloves? I wrecked out a few weeks ago and smacked my right palm on a very large rock. Haven't been able to ride since. The Knox gloves are advertised as being made specifically for protecting the palm/wrist joint and I don't want to drop $90 on a pair if it's all a gimmick. Thanks.
    Could you please post a link, a picture, or more specifics or something?

I ride street bikes, and Knox's motorcycle gear is astounding. Spendy.... but super worth it.

I didn't know they made MTB gear?
    Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)

thin blue line

link

I could not figure out how to get a photo to copy into this reply so hopefully this will take you to the website where you can also view the palm side and the details. It does not necessarily have to be this particular glove either. There are two more advertised as being for mountain biking with the same palm protection. Thanks again.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...tail_1_600.jpg

And . . . it doesn't. Here - I think - is the palm photo.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...tail_2_600.jpg
    Last edited by thoggard; 01-01-2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Wrong link
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. G.Orwell

mtbr member
    That wrist closure system is pretty trick.

I've used a pair of Handroids before, and they were not only comfortable but super easy to make "fit right" with the adjustments that they have. If those MTB specific gloves are anything like the Handroids in that arena, then I'd without a doubt pick up a pair.

Knox makes some super high quality stuff.

Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)