Shredditor
    Aug 2012

Knee/Shin Guards for skinny legs DH/FR

Hi all! Im fairly new to the mountain biking thing (I'm a rock climber mostly). I've been having loads of fun on my newly acquired DH rig, but at the cost of my bruised and bloody shins/knees. I've been looking for some knee/shin guards, but all the LBS's in my area are more catered to the road & trail riding crews.
    I'm about 5'7" ish (maybe a little taller) and 120lbs. I wear a 28 waist with 32 inseam. Sooooo my legs are fairly skinny seeing as most of my previous exercise has been upper body focused .

Does anyone have any recommendations for some knee/shin guards? I want something that:
    1.) fits
    2.) can be put on without removing shoes
    3.) hopefully is breathable

I am not against wearing a ladies fit if thats what it takes to protect my legs, just so long as they aren't flower power or pretty pink or weird stuff like that

Cheers

Str8stunna
    Im 160 and wear 30/32 pants, I have the Troy Lee Lopez gaurds and they have a neopren knee cover that slips on then the shin gaurds velcro to that and they dont move on me at all.

Troy Lee Designs Lopes Knee/Shin Guards at Price Point

Hope this helps..
    "Ive spent alot of money on bikes, alcohol and women, the rest I just wasted..."."