Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6

    Idea! Knee/Shin/Elbow guards: A small review

    Heya all,


    So I am about to place an order for knee/shin guards and elbow guards.
    I am buying them to feel more confident and of course to be safe.


    My budget is $100 and this is what I have decided after going through pretty much all the threads which talked about protection gear.


    Just want a last opinion from you all.


    Elbow Guard (Troy Lee Designs E-Lite) : AMAZON LINK


    Knee/Shin (Troy Lee Designs KG 5450 Adult Knee/Shin Guard) : AMAZON LINK


    Please feel free to suggest anything that you personally like. But please also include a link to that product. I had a hard time finding these on the net.


    Thanks,
    Sumer.




    UPDATE 04/06/2014


    so I finally got them all and have been using them for a week or so. They work just fine. I never feel that I have something extra on my knees or elbow. The only down side is, you have to wear the knee guards before wearing the shoes coz the are slide on but that's okay.
    I also bought a small and inexpensive bike rack. It's an Allen brand one. Works just fine. I could not afford those Thule ones. I take it off every evening once I come back home and put it in my trunk as it does have any safety feature.
    I will post photos in an hour or so.
    Last edited by sumer; 04-06-2014 at 11:14 AM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    Any suggestions or comments?
    Or shall I go ahead and order these?
    I would really appreciate any help over this topic.

    Thanks

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by sumer View Post
    Heya all,

    So I am about to place an order for knee/shin guards and elbow guards.
    I am buying them to feel more confident and of course to be safe.

    My budget is $100 and this is what I have decided after going through pretty much all the threads which talked about protection gear.

    Just want a last opinion from you all.

    Elbow Guard (Troy Lee Designs E-Lite) : AMAZON LINK

    Knee/Shin (Troy Lee Designs KG 5450 Adult Knee/Shin Guard) : AMAZON LINK

    Please feel free to suggest anything that you personally like. But please also include a link to that product. I had a hard time finding these on the net.

    Thanks,
    Sumer.
    TLD is an awesome product - nothing wrong with those knee pads. but I chose to go with a pair of Fox Launch Pro and they seem to be good, they feel great on the knees and do not bunch up behind knee area. had them for about few months now, and no issues. They have great reviews too. was not sure if you looked into the Fox products.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB_Dozer View Post
    TLD is an awesome product - nothing wrong with those knee pads. but I chose to go with a pair of Fox Launch Pro and they seem to be good, they feel great on the knees and do not bunch up behind knee area. had them for about few months now, and no issues. They have great reviews too. was not sure if you looked into the Fox products.
    Great food for my brain. Thanks mate, I am looking into the Fox products right now.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by sumer View Post
    Great food for my brain. Thanks mate, I am looking into the Fox products right now.
    There is more threads here in forum regarding knee pads; all brands too. It's just personal preference as to what fits your needs.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    201
    I want to buy some knee and elbow pads, but I think I will opt to pay more at my lbs so I can get the right fit

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    After reading hundreds of links I concluded that I would order Troy Lee from Amazon.
    Every pad out there has its Pros and Cons.
    I am a prime member at Amazon and returning stuff is really easy if it doesnt fit. You can do that unlimited times until you get the right fit and the shipping is 2 days guaranteed. I ordered today evening at 4 or so and they would be here day after tomorrow in the morning 10:00 am.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by sumer View Post
    After reading hundreds of links I concluded that I would order Troy Lee from Amazon.
    Every pad out there has its Pros and Cons.
    I am a prime member at Amazon and returning stuff is really easy if it doesnt fit. You can do that unlimited times until you get the right fit and the shipping is 2 days guaranteed. I ordered today evening at 4 or so and they would be here day after tomorrow in the morning 10:00 am.
    Sounds great - good luck with them let me know how they fit. especially the elbow pads if you're getting them too.

Similar Threads

  1. Wearing knee/shin guards and elbow pads on the plane?
    By zicked in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:38 AM
  2. XC shin/knee guards
    By amgine in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 08:24 PM
  3. Best shin/knee guards
    By puls4521 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 09:15 PM
  4. Shin/Knee Guards for XC
    By Hellfire in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 03:17 PM
  5. Non bulky knee/shin guards and elbow pads
    By Clevor in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •