Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kitsbow - wow

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  mikemikemike 
#1 ·
Saw this and had to post, 'cause I agree:
Dylan Goes Electric | Privateer.cc

I've been loving my kitsbow shorts - after years of low-level frustration about baggies that reviewed well but never felt quite right and left much to be desired in fit and function on the bike, I threw down for the promise of mtb clothing made right. Thrilled so far. Will post more details as I get more miles on them, but the workmanship, detail and material (!) are head and shoulders above what I've ridden before.

#7 ·
Realize I never got back to this.

For me, it's not about $5 suits or extra disposable income. My bike is worth more than my car, true, but it's because my bike is my priority - the car's a 12 year old honda :)

It's about value. I've worn several pairs of 100 dollar shorts, and my reactions have ranged from slight irritation to absolute loathing for how they sag, catch on the saddle, feel against my skin etc. These do me right - being comfortable improves my riding experience. Not being aware of the shorts is the ultimate.

Anyhow, definitely not for everyone, but it has been some of the best money I've spent on gear.

#8 ·
I love my Kitsbow baggies! They are expensive, but I think they will last me a long time, unlike my last pair of ~90 shorts that were worn out within a few months. The long sleeve jersey is nice, though I've only worn mine once since its too hot for that here now. I'm looking forward to their summer gear.

#11 ·
Here is my take on the Kitsbow stuff. They are trying to provide top quality no comprimise products. That quality of materials costs good money. The most expensive short I saw was $269. Not cheap. I have one good pair of shorts that have held up over the years. I bought them in 1988! So If I can get even 5-10 years out of a short why not get the best? People drop $3000 plus for a bike without batting an eye. Good gear lasts doesnt fade. Wear it every day. Wash it 3x a week and not fade. That is money well spent in my book. My grandma always said "only the rich can afford to buy cheap". Now will these measure up? Time will tell. I see these shorts like buying a frame. Do you want hand made in north america or a taiwan production frame? So no need to bash. Just dont buy them. I want a pair of shorts!

#14 ·
An airline ticket and a Gulfstream get you from one airport to another. You pay A LOT more for the Gulfstream. Then again, some people are okay with an airline ticket - and that's okay.

#15 ·
Just came across this review of another Kitsbow piece I have not worn.

Seb Kemp has credibility in my eyes. I have not seen the mixed shell, but man does this make me want to pick one up for the fall.

Reviewed: Kitsbow Mixed Shell Jacket

Here is his conclusion:
"I've worn this jacket on every ride this year. I'm sad that now it is summer I won't be needing to use it as much. The jacket is the best item of cycle specific clothing I have ever worn. It isn't just nicer than most, it is considerably better than anything that is available. The fabrics are superior, the cut is without comparison, and the attention to detail is phenomenal. It all feels like it was custom tailored. It is just that good."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.