Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

JetLite's A51 Helmet Mount Question?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  biketriad 
#1 ·
I just got my new A51 and while I am TOTALLY loving the light....I am having ....errrr....great difficulty removing it off the mount once I have it attached to the helmet. :confused:
I have always liked to keep my helmet mount on my helmet permanently and then just pull off the head lamp for a charge. I am having to remove the entire mount and light together to do this because it is so tough to get apart.

Is there a trick or am I doing something wrong? Or will it just get looser as I use it more?

Thanks.

#3 · (Edited)
Jet has had a few lamps slip out that have interference between the bottom of the body and the mount. Basically there is a burr on each side of the clip on the 2nd and 3rd fin from the rear of the lamp which causes friction when mounting it. It will take some force to get the lamp back off but it will come off. You can either file the 2 burrs on each side and it will work perfectly or give Jet a call @ 775-849-9922 and we glady send you out a new lamp. We are in the process of calling everyone too see if they recieved one with burrs.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.