mtbr member
    Jan 2010

I'm starting to look like Mickey Mouse

I just started riding and I think I'm putting in some good miles, but my hands are bright white. Especially, compared to the arm in between my gloves and my riding shirt(a tap out work out shirt I bought at Ross 12$). I'm thinking I need a long sleeve shirt any suggestions. I live in southern Utah and it get warm here. I was hoping for something that I won't cook in. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    i usually do the under armour wick sweating long sleeve shirt, got it really cheap because it is a xxl. But when it is really hot usually just short sleeve it, isn't it hot in utah around this time of year???
    A person who never made a mistake,
    never tried anything new..... Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I have a long sleeved Nike Dry Fit shirt and their Pro Combat Compresion full length shorts under my riding shorts. The price was reasonable, when on sale, they look fine, and they've survived a the normal scuffing. They keep me warm when I need it and don't fry me when I'm climbing.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by olkeller View Post
    I just started riding and I think I'm putting in some good miles, but my hands are bright white. Especially, compared to the arm in between my gloves and my riding shirt(a tap out work out shirt I bought at Ross 12$). I'm thinking I need a long sleeve shirt any suggestions. I live in southern Utah and it get warm here. I was hoping for something that I won't cook in. Thanks in advance.
    well, a 'tap out' shirt puts you into BRO status, but you can minimize the tan-line differential by using a selftanner like TanTowel - they really are pretty cool.

And then for your exposed area, some sunblock Supergoop! SPF 30+ Sunscreen Swipes with Zinc for Sensitive Skin

You dont really need to pack a tanner w/ ya obviously, but the SPF stuff is nice to throw in your pack

*Disclaimer - I work for the company that sells that stuff - just so ya know
    Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by olkeller View Post
    I use the Nike Dry Fit and love it

mtbr member
    These work pretty well and they're actually cooler than a long sleeves. That mesh really breathes.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

Huffy Rider
    ^^^^Those, or something similar...tons of em on ebay, they keep you cool, especially when wet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks guys I'll check out the sleeves

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Any idea how to figure size?

mtbr member
    From the Pearl Izumi online store: Sun Sleeves - Pearl Izumi
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by joeinchi; 05-07-2012 at 09:45 AM.

mtbr member
    Mottocross jerseys are super light, well ventilated, and have padded elbows.