mtbr member
    Jan 2012

i wanna feel flat pedals but with some support

i run clippless mostly but i wanna go back to flats. when i run flats i run skate shoe and my feet get tired with all the flex but i still want to feel my pedals, any suggestions, cheaper is a plus. maybe it the cheap pedal. like a standard wellgo bmx style. sore feet from longer rides

LightJunction.com
    Many companies offer non-clipless cycling shoes that resemble skate shoes. They usually have stiffer soles for better support, but they still look and feel more like regular skate/bmx shoes. Shimano makes a few pairs at a few different price points.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

Picture Unrelated
    Perhaps it's blasphemy but if you want to feel the pedals then ditch the fancy 5.10 shoes and go with a skate shoe. If you are running good pedals then you will have enough traction with any flat soled skate shoe. Skate and BMX shoes come in varying sole stiffness so you can really get down to it and pick one that works well for what you want. I'm running a DC shoe with Straitline pedals.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Eat, Poop, Pedal.
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum View Post
    Perhaps it's blasphemy but if you want to feel the pedals then ditch the fancy 5.10 shoes and go with a skate shoe. If you are running good pedals then you will have enough traction with any flat soled skate shoe. Skate and BMX shoes come in varying sole stiffness so you can really get down to it and pick one that works well for what you want. I'm running a DC shoe with Straitline pedals.

Thats the same setup i ride with, expect i use Globe skate shoes.
    2012 Reign.
    2010 Rincon.

i like bikes

mtbr member
    I'm wearing DC shoes with DMR V8 Flats, works great!
    2011 Redline Monocog 29er

mtbr member
    Get a more supportive larger platform pedal that your foot wont wrap around as badly.

The DMR Vault pedals have a large surface, and feel really nice.
    Disclaimer:I work in a Bike Shop.http://www.northcentralcyclery.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum View Post
    For foot fatigue, the stiff soles of 5.10 Impacts really help on longer rides.

I'd Huck That....
    I just pick up a pair of 5.10 spitfires(got super cheap EMS) feel just like my vans but way more grippy. I also got a pair of Teva Links little more stiffer but I like the fact they are water proof.

these pedals are BMX pedals but i feel like you could use them for mountain biking since I don't think you're gonna do more damage to them than if they were on a BMX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    thanks all for the feedback. i occasionally where my dc skate shoes but suffer foot fatigue. my fear is with i 5.10 i wont feel the pedals. so im trying to find the inbetween i suppose. more support than my dc's but somehing i can still feel the pedal for good foot position. anyone wear 5.10s. im think sam hills, freeriders or spitfire. are spitfires the softest? what about freeriders comparitivly to sam hills?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer13 View Post
    I just pick up a pair of 5.10 spitfires(got super cheap EMS) feel just like my vans but way more grippy. I also got a pair of Teva Links little more stiffer but I like the fact they are water proof.
    just read a review on the teva links being stiffer not as stiff as 5.10s. maybe this is the route, if anyone has feedback on freerider stiffnes that would be great. thanks again.

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by akiracornell View Post
    anyone wear 5.10s. im think sam hills, freeriders or spitfire. are spitfires the softest? what about freeriders comparitivly to sam hills?
    You're right- 5.10 soles vary in stiffness between models, so you can't make a blanket statement. I can't testify to all their models, but I have Freeriders and Impacts. The Impacts are much stiffer. I'd say that the Freeriders would give you a good balance of support yet feel for the pedal. I generally wear my Freeriders for around town and when I suit up to ride, it's with the Impacts.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.