kona-tize me captain

i need body armor help!!

ok well i dont remember dates but i ordered a 05 661 pressure suit from universal cycles, they didnt get back to me till a week later saying "oh its out of stock we cant get it for u for 2 weeks". so i went around looked at beyond bikes ordered one, they didnt get back to me till today saying "oh its on back order we can ship one out for u this friday" but im going to wintergreen this friday and i need one then.

soo since 661 is out of the question im gonna try and find a different suit. im looking to spend under 150. i need a small, and it needs to be able to breathe and has to have elbow pads built in, and spine protector. can anyone tell me of a good suit for me??? ill probly have to next day ship also.

p.s if anyone is going this week let me know
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Glad to Be Alive
    very simple....Azonic Z-6...better ventilated...nicer, softer material
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member

gnar, brah
    Go to JensonUSA. They will treat you right. I ordered the wrong size Pressure Suit, and they shipped out my replacement before I even boxed up the old one. Plus its cheap.
    Trestle Bike Park

Juanjo
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    ROCKGARDN others try, but they supply.

seriously, you will not find armour that fits better for such a great price.
    I though 'the best' was Dainese but whattafvck I know... I don't even wear a helmet ...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

Chillin the Most

fawk the rest, get the best

ROCKGARDN others try, but they supply.

seriously, you will not find armour that fits better for such a great price.

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastHucker
    I though 'the best' was Dainese but whattafvck I know... I don't even wear a helmet ...
    for such a great price he said.

i like your cotton helmet!

mtbr member
    def spend the extra $10 and get the rockgardn, I had the 05 pressure suit, the arms are a joke

kona-tize me captain
    alright so the 661 is no good? and the azonic is alright, seems like the rockgarden is the best choice maybe ill spend the etxra and get it.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastHucker
    azonic is a copy of the Dainese but like 200 bucks cheaper
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    azonic is a copy of the Dainese but like 200 bucks cheaper
    I have to agree with Red on this one that Rockgardn is gonna be the most rugged (best protection) imo. I tried on my buddies 661and it definately felt flimsy in comparison to RG. Arm pads didn't seem like they'd stay put in a crash. And it didn't feel as snug and solid as RG. Seems like any of the jackets built on mesh are gonna feel like that tho. But mesh is definately a lot cooler. Just my .02
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo13
    I have to agree with Red on this one that Rockgardn is gonna be the most rugged (best protection) imo. I tried on my buddies 661and it definately felt flimsy in comparison to RG. Arm pads didn't seem like they'd stay put in a crash. And it didn't feel as snug and solid as RG. Seems like any of the jackets built on mesh are gonna feel like that tho. But mesh is definately a lot cooler. Just my .02
    I have to say the RC have heavy, heavy protection, but the problem out here is heat. The Z-6, from Azonic, fits real snug and has adjustable elbow guards to make it tighter...just buy 1 size smaller because Z-6 run big

Absurd
    I'd say save up for a little while longer and go Dainese. It truely is a whole different ballpark.

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by MVRIDER
    I'd say save up for a little while longer and go Dainese. It truely is a whole different ballpark.
    Im following this thread too because Im looking into some added protection since I separated my shoulder. My question is what makes the Dainese a whole different ballpark over the Rock Garden besides price? Im not an idiot and I do realize you get what you pay for, but is more then double (almost triple) the price worth it? One other question, is the JR version of the RG as good as the non jr?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by MVRIDER
    I compared my Azonic with Swoop's Dianese....and they are the same strechy, soft material. Pretty much the same plastic armour.....and a hell of a lot cheaper

kona-tize me captain
    whats the differences between the rockgarden jr and the normal jacket. is it just sizing??? and i dont know how to size the azonic becuase i havent found a sizing chart anywhere

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse
    Im following this thread too because Im looking into some added protection since I separated my shoulder. My question is what makes the Dainese a whole different ballpark over the Rock Garden besides price? Im not an idiot and I do realize you get what you pay for, but is more then double (almost triple) the price worth it? One other question, is the JR version of the RG as good as the non jr?
    I guess I should say that for me it was a whole different ball park. I'm the odd sized guy that has spent a lifetime being too big for large, too small for xl. When I tried on my full shuttle suit, right away it fit me like a glove, I knew I had to get it (and yeah, it really hurt my wallet.)

For me, the Dainese is much cooler. I just wear boxers under it and stay super cool through a jersey/shorts. The pads don't move for sh!t, Ive already done some...."crash testing" STRICKLY TESTING!! , it's superlight, and for races when I want some good protection, but don't exactly need to go to war and want to save some weight (read Sea Otter, Firestone Walker), I can zip off the spine protector. And It's also nice to have a top to bottom soloution, one suit.

I've never tried the RG, but I had the 03 661, and when I compaired the 2 at the LBS, they seemed like they might have come off of the same assembly line into two different packages. I know that now, the two of them are quite a bit different. The 661 had much thicker protection than the Dainese, if you hit the ground in that thing, you weren't gong to feel it! But it was hotter than hell, not very comfortable and just overall bulky. I havent tried the newer ones with the yellow/blue trim, but from what I've heard they've actually gotten worse. My friend had the yellow and black 661, when I got my Dainese I gave him my STINKY, BEATEN old 661, he hapilly took it over his new one.

Just my $.03

SMT; That's interesting feedback on the Azonic. I whish I had compaired the two before forking out the $$