mtbr member
    Feb 2008

I just bought the Go Pro Helmet Hero Wide

I got it from here --- http://pointofviewcameras.com/go-pro...gree-lens.html ---- with free shipping and a free 2GB SD card.

I was wondering how many, and what, different places will I be able to mount the camera with the equipment in the box. Helmet is obvious. Would top tube, downtube, seatpost, and chainstay all be possible?

MTB SOCAL
    It depends on what kit you bought - they come with different attachments.

If you bought the Go Pro Helmet Hero Wide, you should receive the helmet mount for vented helmets, a few stick on mounts for flat surfaces or helmets without vents, and a head strap for wearing it on your head without a helmet.

If you want mounts for handlebar or seatpost, you can order the kit.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I highly recommend getting the seatpost mount. I got mine from JensonUSA for $15.00 after pricematch.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmapes7104
    I was wondering how many, and what, different places will I be able to mount the camera with the equipment in the box. Helmet is obvious. Would top tube, downtube, seatpost, and chainstay all be possible?
    You could probably mount the camera on the top tube and down tube with the sticky mounts. The chainstay and seatpost are going to need a rubber shim and the Ride HERO mount that GoPro sells. Personally, I mounted to the top tube and down tube also with the Ride mount, but I got longer hex screws from the hardware store. I like the added security of this mount.

Favorite GoPro Camera Positions for Mtn Biking from Bri on Vimeo.

Wanderer
    What did you use for the Boom Mount?

Got a pic of it?

thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toff
    What did you use for the Boom Mount?

Got a pic of it?
    I put the tip of a ski pole in the water cage and attached the middle of the pole to the head tube. I then used the Ride HERO mount from GoPro to get the camera a few feet in front of the handlebars.

Here's a picture:

Photobucket

mtbr member
    Are there any cheaper places to get that camera?

the GoPro is perfect for me since I mountain bike, road bike, kayak, motorcycle, and will soon be getting into rock climbing. I hope to get one in a few weeks but am hoping to find it cheaper than MSRP.
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
    P. J. O'Rourke

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I searched around quite a lot and didn't find it any cheaper. The best deal I found was from the site in my original post which comes with free shipping and a free 2GB SD card which isn't that bad.

mtbr member
    Did they charge tax? And if so was it their sales tax or a local sales tax?
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    I purchased mine from Ebay. It was $149 shipped, but I had to buy a 2GB SD card for approximately $7.

I also picked up a 8 GB card for when GoPro releases the firmware patch.
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

mtbr member
    A guy on a motorcycle forum said he got one for $169 (hero wide) for the one that retails for $199 (Designed for motorsports) from this place. http://www.ronayers.com/ . It's a motorcycle store in North Carolina. I also believe NC has no sales tax which means you'd pay $169. I'll call them later on and see what htey say.

I'm also going to see if my local motorcycle mechanic can get them. He gives me a 15% discount on whatever I get.

If you have a Cycle Gear (Motorcycle store) near you, I have seen them with mutliple GoPro cameras in stock. They sometimes have killer store sales so I'll keep an eye out.
    P. J. O'Rourke

mtbr member
    is the mount to a full face helmet suction cups?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by semperfi658
    is the mount to a full face helmet suction cups?
    Yes, or you can use the sticky mounts that are included.

With regards to the deals, just keep your eyes open. I picked up a GoPro Wide for $120 on Craigslist and my buddy just picked up one for $100 on Craigslist. Also, I believe Amazon has them on sale for $129.99 or something. Then you can pick up the mounts you need which will put you below MSRP.

mtbr member
    i just ordered mine! i cant wait until it comes in!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by semperfi658
    i just ordered mine! i cant wait until it comes in!!
    I hear you...I ordered mine yesterday and now I am looking for some good software.

Actually had this suggested by a friend.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_4_ENU.html