mtbr member

I have to change my helmet

Hello, I have a Giro E2 year 2001, but I am planning to change it. I have some options...Giro Xen or Fox Flux. or maybe a new E2.
    Any recomendations?
    Thanks in advance
    JC

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I picked up a Xen last week. Love it so far, really comfortable. It's the first "real" helmet I've owned (always gone the cheap route before).

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    A new E2.

LCI #1853
    I "retired" a road helmet a couple of weeks ago, and replaced it with a Giro Xen. Love it... I didn't have an MTB helmet before, and had been riding with an Atmos road helmet. The Xen is very comfortable, and I really like having the "bill" up there for late afternoons when the sun gets in yor eyes, as well as for helping to keep out the rain, splashes, etc.

The E2 is a very nice helmet, as is the Havoc, but the Xen just reached out to me...

mtbr member
    Thank you. I am going to try a Xen.
    Anybody have the black-pink color(special edition)? How does it look?
    JC

tl1
    Bicyclist

The Fox is nice

...and fits my head well but it's around a hundred dollars. I just bought a new Bell Influx at Nashbar for $30 minus 10% off with a coupon. The Influx is the most comfortable helmet for my particular head that I've ever owned and I just broke my old one so I was happy to find this.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...earance%20Sale

p.s. Almost forgot to mention that I have a Xen and don't care for the fit. For one thing it feels like it's sitting on top of my head not around it. Besides that, it just doesn't work that well with my head shape. Fit is a personal thing though so if you're going for a new helmet it's best to try one on before hand.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    you should research your options on the product reviews. then go to a bike shop and try on differnet helmets.

Members who have read this thread: 0