ride hard or die
    Mar 2004

how often do you buy new gloves?

Saw another posting that made me think of something. It seems like i have to buy new gloves almost every season. They just get to worn out. Of course I usually just deal with it. But how about you guys?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    when i lose one...thats what usually happens to me

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    i have had my gloves for about a year and i am about to get some new ones

NormalNorm
    Yeah, pretty much last me a year or so.

There was a post in the "hot deals" section, a day or two ago. Troy Lee gloves for $9.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    i will use mine until i see a good deal. sales or something.
    or when it tear.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmcderm
    when i lose one...thats what usually happens to me
    I 2nd that. Along with Socks. For some reason I ALWAYS lose socks.

My gloves do have a hole in the thumb starting. They are just over a year old.

bi-winning
    Last time I bought gloves was some time in 2006 I believe. $20 well spent.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

ups and downs
    And why oh why is it that everytime you find a pair of gloves that fit great and have exactly the right padding and terry cloth locations on the back are they discontinued the very next time you try to buy a pair.

I like the Specialized BG gel pad gloves in full finger and fingerless gloves, I usually try to buy at least 2 or 3 pairs at a time so I'm not having to wear damp and smelly gloves when I get to ride several times in a week.

I have a pair of full finger Spesh Enduro XC BG that have just had the palms completely wear out in about 5 months, and near as I can tell, they don't actually make a similar XC Enduro glove, the new Enduros are unpadded. Even worse, the local shops seem to only stock DH and freeride gloves or roadie gloves, and Specialized doesn't allow online retailers to sell their products.

Anyone have any recommendations for a short and full finger glove with palm pads (especially the heel of the palm).

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have a few pairs of gloves as well. I don't like to ride with smelly gloves either.

mtbr member
    When the dog gets one and chews it up.
    Comas aren't as fun as riding your bike, so wear a Helmet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Mine start to smell really bad, really quick. Gotta have at least 2 pair per season.

responsible zombie owner
    >>>Anyone have any recommendations for a short and full finger glove with palm pads (especially the heel of the palm).

Adidas Adistar gloves are well padded, and made of real leather. they look badass in black with the reflective 3-stripe logo. they offer a decent amount of protection if you hit the ground with your hand. on the downside the padding is quite stiff (more so since i machine washed them... handwash only!) so i find they exacerbate a pressure point i get on one of my wrists.

annoyingly pricepoint no longer seem to stock them. they were a bargain at $15. i'll just have to look after mine so they last another year.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Every time they have massive holes and I find ones that I like (which can take a lot of time).

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I use Spenco heat wave V.1 full finger gloves. They are the best glove I have put on my hands!
    http://www.spencocycling.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    ... and Specialized doesn't allow online retailers to sell their products...
    Just buy them straight from Specialized.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqu...ce.jsp?eid=258

Long Distance MTB

8 months

They seem to last 8 months. Except for some Nashbar null g gloves I used to have, those lasted two years and possibly more, but I lost them, the only defect for me was that they where fingerless.

After that I have tested Sette, Bell, some mechanic gloves from walmart, Fox. None last.
    The next to be tested are some Mechanix.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ive had mine for about three monthes just throw them in the washer and good as new!

mtbr member
    i get about 2-3 months from mine i wear holes in the palm....i guess im gripping to hard?
    or i need to get better ones

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by clm999
    Ive had mine for about three monthes just throw them in the washer and good as new!
    Yep, I have at least 2 pair of each long and short that get cycled out. I also have some old pairs I keep around just in case.

Personally, I like the perlazumi gloves.

mtbr member
    I go through 1-2 pair of fingerless gloves and 1-2 full finger gloves a year. I also go through a pair of heavy duty winter gloves about every other year. Riding 3 different bikes a week (road, FS and SS) I just go through the gloves?

slap-tanker
    If mine last a year, I'm happy. Most often the suede on the palm turns into cardboard and then starts to break up.
    In the UK? Try these routes in the Peak District:

http://www.brassington.org/new_site/...ike_routes.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0