mtbr member

Hot weather casual MTB shirts

I live in Thailand and as you can imagine it gets quite hot here!

I ride around Bangkok for my work and I have to go in and out of many different places so I'm on and off my bike all day long, naturally I'm dripping with sweat and red-faced!
    Luckily my mum sent me some Madison M:TEC 30 shirts from the UK which are doing a pretty good job of wicking the sweat, the only thing is this: I'm not a professional rider, I don't always go particularly fast and I'm not very daring so the last thing I want to look like is a MAMIL
    I'm bordering on that look now with my Madison shirts so I wanted to find something a little bit more casual but with similar properties to dedicated MTB gear.

I've searched the net for casual mtb shirts and the only thing I found seems to be no longer available - Dunning Slim Fit Shirts

All other shirts seem to be the jersey type, which looks good in most circumstances.

Can anybody recommend anything similar to these Dunning shirts?

Thanks in advance for any info!

mtbr member
    Talking to myself again

Just found these Men's | Club Ride Apparel

Bit pricey, any other suggestions?...

turtles make me hot
    I just buy Under Armour shirts and ride in those. Some of them are pretty normal looking.
    I like turtles

beater

Hot weather casual MTB shirts

Club Ride are the best bike-specific, but you could always look for trekking or fly fishing shirts. Ex Officio, Patagonia, etc. You can find them on sale if you poke around the web.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Thanks for your replies, that Exofficio gear is expensive too isn't it!

I found some bits I like;

This is nice http://www.usoutdoor.com/ex-officio/...nite-ss-shirt/ but shipping to Thailand is $109!!!! How is that possible?

This too, nice but same shipping cost http://www.usoutdoor.com/ex-officio/...acro-plaid-ss/

I'm stuck really, either these companies don't sell internationally or they charge exorbitant shipping rates, any ideas?

mtbr member
    Club Ride is very nice stuff, but runs very small. They have hidden venting that may help you. I do not know if that would be a substitute for "wicking"

As far as shipping goes, many companies use an "online shipping calculator" that is very inaccurate. If you are serious about a product, just call them for a more accurate shipping quote.

mtbr member
    I thought the Club Ride gear was wicking, I'll have to have another look at their stuff to find out.

With regards to Exofficio gear from that second link^ I read something on their website which made me believe the shipping prices were fixed, it reads 'International orders will be shipped via UPS Worldwide. The actual shipping charge is queried from the UPS Rate Servers and displayed, so you know the precise cost of your international shipping' here
    Last edited by thaicook; 02-10-2013 at 09:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Check CRC. Shipping is sometimes free.

mtbr member
    I'll second the under armor shirts but any dry-fit shirt will work. They're casual and I found my UA's at Sports Auth for $20.
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9