mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Help me Pick A full Face Helmet

I recently had jaw surgery and I am ready to get back on the bike, with a little extra insurance. I mainly am a cross-country enduro rider so I am looking for a full face helmet that isn't too heavy and will vent as much as possible. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on it, but I would like something that has a removeable washable liner. I thought a giro switchblade would be a good choice but they aren't really around anymore, and the mad max is probably too small, I wear a large giro bike helmet and ski helmet, but I may be wrong. I was looking at something others and would like some feedback on the Azonic T-55, Six Six One helmets anything else around or under a 100 bucks

Thanks

L1MEY
    The MET Parachute is more than $100 and you'd have to import it from the UK, but a lot of people swear by it:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...x?ModelID=2407

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I was not really looking to spend that much. Has anyone tried the Azonic T-55, 661 helmets, or any of the bells. I read reviews the bellistic wasn't that great.

Thanks

mtbr member
    I use a Giro Switchblade that, unfortunately, they don't make anymore. I bought mine on ebay, however, and it's been great. I'll warn you. Any full face helmet gets hot.

I started using one after breaking my cheek in a fall.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Has anyone used a Prymo AL, can you pull the liner out of that, with 23 vents it seems like it wouldn't be too hot. Also how about a 661 Comp, Sierra trading post has a it for 60 bucks

mtbr member
    I have a Pryme AL that I got before my Switchblade. Fine for the winters, but I can't ride with it in the Texas heat. Even the switchblade just about kills me in the summer. It's a great helmet though. Just really hot.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    i have a 661 comp its a fairly decent helmet but doesnt have washable liner but ive had mine for year and a half and it doesnt smell to bad at all it gets prety hot butthes a full face helmet for you i came of and hit my head on a rock hard and apart frpm a scratch the helmet was fine