Dinner for wolves

HELP - Bibs or pants with integrated knee (+/- shin) protection?

I am seeking bibs or pants that have knee/shin protection integrated into them. I have used separate knee/shin guards, but they migrate downwards while I ride and it drives me nvts. I wish POC or Kali would offer a bib knicker or pant that had armor integrated into the garment. It would prevent sliding.

In any case, have you seen a product that fits the description above? Care to recommend one? Alternatively, do you have insight as to why such integrated products do not exist, especially in this age of Enduro riding?
    Responds to gravity

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Dainase used to have such a beast, although I would not give up on conventional protection.

There are so many offerings on the market somthing should fit you properly and not slide down.

Dinner for wolves
    Thanks,

I saw the Dianese unit on a web search, but it is not in their current lineup. It is also aimed squarely at MX or DH riders with its hard plastic armor. I guess I am surprised that integrated knickers or bibs with newer soft armor inserts do not exist. You are right, though. My best bet is to find a separate that works. So far it has been an expensive quest. The Kali Knee/shin combos did not last.
    Responds to gravity

Dinner for wolves
    So it hit me the other day...the product I want does not exist, yet. But what about a garter belt? I am secure in my masculinity, so I went shopping.

I found and purchased these

I just got back from a decent ride with my Kali Knee/Shin pads attached to my riding shorts with these. It was a bit of an improvement...modest...but it was cheap!

Next I might have to give these a try.

Or perhaps these?

In any case, I will add to this thread as my experiments with knee pads and women's undergarment accessories continue.
    Responds to gravity

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Now you're just teasing!! Was there a belt in the second pic?

Dinner for wolves
    Quote Originally Posted by greatlifeyoo View Post
    My best bet is to find a separate that works. So far it has been an expensive quest. The Kali Knee/shin combos did not last.*********************l/X5Wy5q[/img]
    The Kalis do not last, I agree. The perforated material stretches out and eventually rips. POCs next.
    Responds to gravity

Formerly of Kent
    Crye Precision combat pants.

Fantastic. Wore them on every combat patrol I led in RC-E, Afghanistan.

Integrated, yet removable knee pads provide awesome protection. Stretch panels on the bottom, crotch, and around the knees.

You can easily remove the pads for climbs and put them back in for descents. Takes 20s per knee. And they'll survive some nasty action.

mtbr member
    Another option: contact a local tailor and see if they can make some custom pants with the protection you want.

On the same tone, if your shoes are losing stitching take them to a cobbler. These people love a good challenge and they'll keep your gear running for years with very little cost.

Dinner for wolves
    Le Duke: good lead. Thanks. The pants are not cheap, but they come close to the ideal. A little too much material, but could easily be modified into knickers. However, the last military surplus camo pants I used on a bike tour developed huge holes in the buttock/thigh areas from routinely rubbing the saddle. Until then they were my favorite riding pants, though.

rogbie: also good advice. I will have to find a tailor who has confidence in sewing spandex products.
    Responds to gravity

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak View Post

rogbie: also good advice. I will have to find a tailor who has confidence in sewing spandex products.
    Just saw this company in another thread: Foxwear. They do custom 4-way stretch winter leggings. Might worth it to see if they can accommodate your needs.

Dinner for wolves
    Just to update this thread:

I found some POC VPD2 knee pads for sale overthe winter. $50! So I grabbed them. They do a great job staying put on knees over longer rides. In this sense they are a far better product than the Kali Aazis. Also, the construction is burlier. I also have a set of Kyle Strait knee pads from 661. The POCs are very similar to the Straits in that both are burly, stay in place during rides, cause me to sweat, etc. The Straits are $50 as well (not on sale). Honestly, had I not found the POCs on such deep discount, I'd consider them a rip-off next to the Straits. Don't get me wrong, they are GREAT knee pads, but the Straits give up nothing to them. The Kalis just can't keep up with the other two, and I cannot recommend them to anyone.
    Responds to gravity