mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Helmets for a fat head

Any other big headed dudes out there? Who makes the bigger sized helmets? We are talking 7 7/8 or even 8.

Thanks

Klydesdale
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdummy
    Any other big headed dudes out there? Who makes the bigger sized helmets? We are talking 7 7/8 or even 8.

Thanks
    Try the Giro Atlas or the Bell Sequoia. I also believe that Specialized makes one called the King Head or something like that. I'm a 7-7/8" hat size and the Atlas is the most comfortable helmet I've worn. But the shape of your head also plays into this so another brand might work better for you.

mtbr member

Ditto the Atlas

Tried many helmets before finding and loving the Atlas, normally wear a 7 7/8 hat.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Arai shaped head

Quote Originally Posted by CactusJack
    Tried many helmets before finding and loving the Atlas, normally wear a 7 7/8 hat.
    I have an arai shaped head (long oval). If any of you guys ride motorcycles, you will know what I mean. As I discovered with motorcycle helmets, not all big headed helmets are created equal.

mtbr member
    I wear a 3xl HJC helmet, a 2XL FLY helmet, so I do know what you mean. The Atlas is adjustable. However, best thing to do is go to a larger sporting goods store and try on some helmets.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    the louis garneau rev in an xl is about the largest helmet out there. It is bigger than the Atlas and has more vents. They go for around $50
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

mtbr member

Giro Xen

I love my Giro Xen....I have a big melon, too....but the Xen is low-profile - VERY comfortable and lots of cooling vents. Definitely worth the money in my opinion!

mtbr member
    Bell Influx, size large.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2
    2013 Trek Stache 8
    2011 Giant Defy Advanced 0

Harmonius Wrench

Bell helmet here

I'm a 7 7/8 and oval head shape. I wear a Bell Ghisallo which fits my head perfectly, with a little room to spare if I want. ( using the adjuster knob on the rear of the helmet) Bell is the manufacturer that makes the King Head. It's WAY too big for me, and it also is built like a 35 dollar lid. ( smallish vents) Giro helmets would work if you have a rounder profile to your head. Trek also makes a fine upper end lid for around a $100 that would fit more like a Bell, and might even fit a size 8 head. ( '05 version ONLY! Previous Trek lids ran WAY small!) Hope these suggestions help!