• 11-28-2011
    carpio77b
    Helmets - Azonic Exile vs. Sixsixone Recon
    Looking for a new helmet to buy online without the benefit of fitting. Between the Azonic Exile and Sixsixone Recon, which is the better helmet?

I found the Exile on Pricepoint in white, black or schizo for $65 and the Recon on eBay in white/gray for $57 with free shipping. Listed weight is 50g lighter for the Exile.
  • 11-29-2011
    Adam490
    I have the Recon and it's been great. I wear a S/M size fitted hat and the S/M Recon fits perfectly.
  • 11-29-2011
    bitewerks
    I just got the Recon size L/XL & it fit perfectly right out of the box. I was surprised about how light it feels. I've been wearing a cheap Schwinn helmet I bought from Target for 2 years. Haven't had a ride in the Recon yet...
  • 11-29-2011
    GoingOffRoading
    1 Attachment(s)
    Another vote for Recon... Love mine!
  • 11-29-2011
    Shalom
    I loved my recon. So another vote for that!
  • 12-01-2011
    Iceman69
    I like the recon too, but damn is it big! I look like E.T. On my bicycle!
  • 12-01-2011
    Baderass
    I've got an exile. My vote
  • 12-01-2011
    GoingOffRoading
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman69 View Post
    , but damn is it big!

True... It is a little big
  • 12-03-2011
    bengxe
    I like my Recon,so another vote for that. To be fair, I havent tried the exile, and since its still pretty new I doubt many other people on here have tried it. If youre buying without trying it on first, I would buy from whoever has the simplest return policy.
  • 12-03-2011
    carpio77b
    I just got the Exile. I haven't had a ride with it yet, but it seems ridiculously light in the S/M size. Fits well and looks cool too!
  • 12-06-2011
    carpio77b
    Rode the Backbone Trail in Malibu last weekend using the Exile and I'd have to give it my vote of approval.:cornut:

The Exile is so light, you hardly notice that you have a helmet on. I also have to recommend the Halo headband - no sweat in the eyes:yesnod: