Helmet TEST

Printable View

• 12-17-2012
    Spinning Lizard
    Helmet TEST
    I did not know these uncertified helmets even existed.

ARF Presents: Certified vs Non-Certified Bicycle Helmet Impact Test on Vimeo
  • 12-17-2012
    desertred
    Enlightening video. Although it is likely never to happen, it would be interesting to see the numbers from test results of some of the popular certified helmets.
  • 12-18-2012
    HEGGA
    I've seen this video posted on facebook, on Vital MTB group. I've made a comment there that got deleted for some reason, probably because I've mentioned that uncertified helmet was Pro-tec.

Uncertified helmet that can be seen in the video is Pro-tec Classic SKATE helmet, that is not advertised as a bike helmet, there is no polystyrene shell and it only have removable sponge pads between your head and plastic outer shell. Also, I would like to mention that in the manual it was mentioned that Pro-tec Classic Skate helmet shouldn't be used as a bike helmet.

I'm in no way connected to Pro-tec, nor I'm being a fan boy (though I do own a Pro-tec Classic Bike helmet because I love the looks). I know the difference because I was considering buying a Skate model as it was somewhat cheaper and I was on a tight budget at that moment, but when I checked both of these in person it was a no brainer, as there was obvious reason why Skate helmet isn't meant to be used on bikes.

IMHO this video should point out that this product is not uncertified bike helmet but a product not advertised as a bike helmet and show that there is a reason why it shouldn't be used as such.