Helmet speakers

Printable View

• 04-11-2013
    VR46
    Helmet speakers
    Are there any helmet specific speaker sets that work well, something that would install in a Troy Lee D3 helmet. Phone integration and Bluetooth would be nice as well.
  • 04-11-2013
    El_Duderino
    Cardo makes a system. With blue tooth integration and unit to unit communication.
    seen them on XC helmets so you would have to look into how it works on a FF
    You can buy in a single or double.
  • 04-11-2013
    wallstreet
    Helmet speakers
    On road aren't they illegal? In the USA or UK ?

Curious - thanks
  • 04-12-2013
    marinajason
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
    On road aren't they illegal? In the USA or UK ?

Curious - thanks

It isn't illegal ,it is just not advisable.The theory test for motorbikes clearly declares you can wear sleeping earplugs while driving because while driving long ranges at a continuous rate, the audio of the engine can cause exhaustion.So we can use speaker/headphones in slow volume.
  • 04-20-2013
    Vegard
    O-tus Safe Sounds Helmet Speakers

I have a set of those on my Giro helmet, they provide clear audible music [even decent bass] and still allow you to hear your surroundings. I have no issue at all riding with them and still be aware of passing traffic and other riders.

The set I have plug into your device with a standard 3.5mm jack, thus it require no other powersource. Coupled with something like a small iPod you can put all of it on your helmet.
  • 11-16-2013
    VR46
    iClear HBC100 Plus - they are awesome! Bluetooth music and phone capability. Fit perfect in the D3.