mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Helmet picking help

Hi i am looking for a new AM helmet i don't want a full face helmet just a regular helmet that has good protection and looks good I've been looking at the specialized s3 mt and the specialized vice so i want a helmet like that but i just don't know which one is good protection.I would of just bought one but they are expensive and i wanted to make sure i wasn't wasting over $100 on a helmet that wasn't good.Any personal experience with the helmets or any help would be great. Thanks

LightJunction.com
    No matter how much you spend on a helmet, you're going to get one that will protect your head. When it comes to selection, the features you're really trying to sort out are fit, weight and breathability. Different brands fit different ways, so I'd recommend trying a few on so you know which brand fits you the best. As far as weight and breathability go, the more you spend (in general), the lighter and cooler the helmet will be.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I just bouht the specialized vice 3 weeks ago and and loving it so far. Tons of vents keep it really cool and the front vents below the visor really do "push" the air over top the head keeping u really cool when riding. My favorite part is the adjustable dial to tighten up the helmet in the back. Other like giro have a funky system where u have to push a top button in while twisting. The vice is way easier to crank tighter when u get into really rough sections
    im super satisified with the vice great coverage, venting and adjustment syste

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by icheney View Post
    I just bouht the specialized vice 3 weeks ago and and loving it so far. Tons of vents keep it really cool and the front vents below the visor really do "push" the air over top the head keeping u really cool when riding. My favorite part is the adjustable dial to tighten up the helmet in the back. Other like giro have a funky system where u have to push a top button in while twisting. The vice is way easier to crank tighter when u get into really rough sections
    im super satisified with the vice great coverage, venting and adjustment syste
    Bought the same one. Very good fit with lots of ventilazation.

Michigan Wolverine
    I just got a Fox Striker not too long ago and I really like it. I can't really compare it to much though seeing as how its my first non-full-face helmet. Tons of vents though, and it comes with a spare set of pads.