mtbr member
    Jun 2011

which helmet to get? (using a 10 year old one)

Hey guys, I'm on the hunt for a new helmet after using my very old specialized one, this thing has to be 10+ years old now. my price range is around $100. Which helmets do you guys use?

and does anyone know how the Cannondale Ryker helmets are? can't seem to find much info on these but they sure do look sweet!

Thanks

Picture Unrelated
    Buy the helmet that fits your head. I use a Giro Xen because it fits well (my second one). A helmet is absolutely worthless if it doesn't fit properly so you really should go try some one.

And most manufacturers recommend a usable life of 5 years for a helmet so you're right to be wary but it's better than no helmet at all.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    Here is a complete list of things you need to think about when buying a helmet:
    if it looks cool, get it.

That helmet you like that I've never heard of, it's exactly the same in terms of protection as every other [non-full face] helmet you can buy, which I know because that's what's required by law of bike helmets in the US.

Seriously, helmets are about as non-complicated as it gets.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I bought a bern and like it well But granted, I bought it for polo and MTB riding... it fits like a hat and quite comfy. Not as light I would presume as conventional helmets tho...BUT CLOSE